Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Still here  (Read 2722 times)
Gary

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:05:18 pm »

Hi  Wink

I'm still here, just been doing some research online and I am getting some ideas and a whole lot of questions that I will post, we have made up our minds on a 2552 I think I can turn the two beds into a queen without much trouble.

Gary
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:27:25 pm »

There was a post where the twins taken out and installed two recliner couches. Sorry I cannot remember but Aimee will, she knows all.    Heart Shower

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:27:50 pm »

Supporting Billy's comment.  I think the factory can accomodate Gary's request with a motorized fold-down couch on one side that can mate up to the bed across the isle to make a King size bed.

Maybe they can make one single bed on casters that can roll over and latch up to the other single to turn the two single beds into one double/queen bed.  Better than we experience on cruise ships.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:34:47 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:21:50 pm »

I think I would like more storage?

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:00:38 pm »

Maybe the entire bed-cabinet can move with the one bed.

aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 11:00:31 pm »

Found it, Billy!  Thanks for the reminder!

"Take a look at what this couple did.  http://phoenixusarv.com/albums/2551_models/index10.html  Look for the captioned "special double sofa"   Instead of twin beds in the rear, they did facing sofas, which fold out into beds that touch. One sofa is considerably longer than the other. Kind of the best of both worlds, maybe?"

Here's a picture of it quickly, but there are more at the link above.

Aimee, Webmistress
Gary

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:13:04 am »

Thank you  Aimee ( hope I don't have to call you misstress)

DW saw the photos and said she liked it, so I guess that's what we'll get.

Hopefully ya'll will not get mad if I ask a LOT of questions, the first one is have anyone heard/used this ETERNABOND, if you have would it be a good idea to use it on all seams right from the get go?

number two, is there anything you need to use the camper that isn't there when you get it, not pots and pans but any hoses, or hook ups, the basic stuff.

number three, I know you can ask for things to be added, can we buy things and ask they be added like, side view cams and satellite dish  to be added.

number four and this might be dumb, does the rear ladder make any noise going down the road, I'm about 50-50 on haveing it installed.

number five, we are thinking about getting a Prest-O-Fit Patio Rug 8' x 20', is there enough room to store it outside, or do we have to have it inside on the floor rolled up? Also how about chairs or are they a inside item too ?

I guess that's enough for now, we'll have more the more we look online.

Gary

billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:44:13 am »

I knew you could do it girl.    ThankYou

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 12:10:21 pm »

You will get a lot of great input on options to consider, and such.

I got these items from Walmart, some found in their automotive-RV section

- Two 25' long 30amp extension cords (but don't use both with the a/c, a electrical safety concern)
- Two fresh water hoses (the white ones)
- A "Y" hose adapter with shut-offs
- A 2'x4' folding table that stores nicely in the rear compartment (when taking out those silly eyelets with bungie cords)
- Get a tool box and set yourself up with a nice set of tools and small supplies like fuses, hardware, etc.

About the rear ladder and roof rack.  It was our decision to get the ladder and rack but not mounted, just storing them at home.  5 years later and still no regrets about that decision.  But it is not a popular decision.  I figure if I ever changed my mind, I could still mount them.  But not so if doing it in reverse.

I wished we had the factory add a separate outdoor light switch with an extra light on each side and rear so we could light up the campsite in all directions when needed.

Also to have two porch lights, one one each end under the awning.  One light makes too much shadow.  If two lights is too bright, put in lower wattage bulbs.

If the one porch light today was mounted on the opposite side of the entry door, less bugs would get inside.  That would work well with the two light setup.

bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 12:52:26 pm »

While I understand that some people would prefer a queen bed over two twins, the solution shown here has some problems.  First, one of the advantages of the twin bed 2551 is the beds are just beds and can be made up and left that way.  They utilize real linens and don't have joints in them requiring some kind of rubber layer over them.  This was the whole reason we bought a 2551.  Also, as  you get older and feel the need to hit the bathroom in the middle of the night, it's easier to roll into an aisle and step in the bathroom than to do a backflip off the bed through the bathroom door.  Anyway, one man's opinion.

Jerry
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 01:33:32 pm »

I agree with Jerry. The 1st RV that we had was an Airstream Interstate, Class B. It had the same configuration as the photo above-two sofas that folded down into a bed. It was very difficult to get to the head in the middle of the night.

We then went to the 2350 with the rear corner bed-thought we could deal with that. Not so! For us, the twin beds is the way to go. To each his own---

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 52
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 01:38:18 pm »

Gary,
    On the ladder.  Our ladder is stored in the up position so it is never in the way to get into the rear compartment.  I use the double sided velcro tape, wrap it around the stationary part of the ladder and then around the moveable section to secure in place.  I so that on both sides.  If I have any problems, or reason to go on the roof, the ladder is readily available.  Also is used to clean the backup camera lens after driving in the rain.  
     I would also purchase a water pressure regulator for use in campgrounds.
     I am not sure why you would need two 25' electrical extension cords in addition to the one with the coach.  I have been RVing since 1964 and have never had a need for anything but the cord with the coach.  That is an expensive buy if you never use them.  Maybe Ron could help on why he recommends them.  What Ron says about a tool box is dead on.  You may find you will need screw drivers other than the standard slot and phillips.  If you are electrical knowledgeable, get an inexpensive Volt-Ohm meter.  Comes in handy for troubleshooting and you never know when a fellow camper could use some electrical help.  Just a few of my thoughts.
     Bob
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 03:21:54 pm »

I am not sure why you would need two 25' electrical extension cords in addition to the one with the coach.  I have been RVing since 1964 and have never had a need for anything but the cord with the coach.  That is an expensive buy if you never use them.  Maybe Ron could help on why he recommends them.
We usually camp in primitive camp grounds where electric is either non-existent, is limited to just a few sites or sometimes set far back for sharing sites.  Admittedly we most often don't need any extension, but the rare time we do, it is great to have.

On rare occasion when those few electric sites are taken, we'll camp next to an occupied electric site and use the extensions to get power to charge our batteries and use the microwave......as long as an electric outlet is available.  We would never inconvenience the occupant, always asking before using.  Many people are more than happy to share when electric is scarce.

It is disappointing when you are 10' short of cord, resorting to using the generator, sometimes working within generator rules & restrictions.

As gl1500 says, 30 amp cords can be very expensive, around $125 each, but I found our 30 amp extension cords on clearence for $25 each.  With patience, you may as well.  Usually they are found on clearence at the tail end of the RVing season.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:48:44 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 03:32:28 pm »

We then went to the 2350 with the rear corner bed-thought we could deal with that. Not so! For us, the twin beds is the way to go.....
It seems most PC owners on this forum who initially owned a 2350, make the switch to a 2551 or something larger to rid themselves of the challenges with the rear corner double bed.  Anyone new here who is considering a 2350 should study the bed closely before buying the motor home because the odds here say you'll be switching.

My wife and I are the exception with our 2350.  We would have much more trouble shaking hands good night to eachother from across the isle, than dealing with our rear corner bed.  The compromise pictured above is an interesting alternative.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:39:38 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

echo11

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: 4/18/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: maple/ biege
ExtColor: umbre
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

We also like the 2350.  Consider a good surge protector, water filter, different length water hoses.  We have both 15 and 25 feet, for the most part we use the shorter one.  We also have a tire monitoring system that we like. A coaxle cable  for cable hookup.  Also an assortment of tools as mentioned.    There are really good suggestions all over this forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print

Jump to: