Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Still here  (Read 2544 times)
Gary

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »

ThankYou  forall the replys

A little about ourselves, the last time I went camping in any kinda of rv was in the '60's, after high school I enlisted in the Army as a 11b Infantryman '79-'91 , so throwing down a sleeping bag or wrapping up in a poncho liner was the norm.  After getting out I swore not to sleep on the ground anymore  LOL.

As far as tools I worked for Goodyear as a auto tech, so the only thing I'll have to get is a smaller tool box and figuring out which tools to bring.

The reason for wanting a larger bed is the DW has said "I can't sleep right if we are not in the same bed", she's 5' 6" and I'm 6' 2", there are not many beds that I've found that we can both be comfortable in, most of the time my feet are hanging over the end.

With the talk of cords, during the research I've done so far the vast majorty have said that with 30 amp you have to watch what you use, and with 50 amp you can run most anything you want. I have seen the only way to get 50 amp on a PC is to get another ac unit, have ya'll found that 30 is ok or do you wish you had the 50 ?

There is so much we would like to have added to the one we will order, one thing that would be nice is a small window in the lower half of the door, we would be takeing a couple dogs and 1-2 cats with us, ( DW is the crazy cat lady  rolling on the floor ) the main thing holding us back from our wish list is we are both disabled, she is on ssdi, as am I along with being 70% with the VA, I messed up my back when I was in the Army.

Another question, have anyone that has used the "stinky slinky" found out that you needed a longer hose at any time?
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 04:54:54 pm »

With the talk of cords, during the research I've done so far the vast majorty have said that with 30 amp you have to watch what you use, and with 50 amp you can run most anything you want. I have seen the only way to get 50 amp on a PC is to get another ac unit, have ya'll found that 30 is ok or do you wish you had the 50 ?

There is so much we would like to have added to the one we will order, one thing that would be nice is a small window in the lower half of the door.....

Another question, have anyone that has used the "stinky slinky" found out that you needed a longer hose at any time?
It is NOT recommended to run the a/c when using a 30 amp extension cord, let alone two of them.

On rare occasion, running both the a/c and microwave, along with brewing a pot of coffee and using a hair blow dryer, can trip a breaker or the safety on the generator.  Even so, I think 30 amp is adequate for 99% of the time.  50 amp seems a bit much.  Just be aware of what's running before you amp up something serious.

About a lower window in the door.  My only concern would be the lack of privacy.  Maybe window blinds will work there.  It seems feasible.  PC-USA could answer that best.

Your height of 6'2" has me concerned for your head clearence to the a/c unit.  Have you walked around inside a PC yet with your shoes on?

Stinky Slinky?  No need for one of those with a PC.  No place to store one outside either.  The Sani-Con will serve you well and it's purge hose gets really, really long under pressure.  Don't worry about that one.

The only time a Stinky Slinky has value with a PC would be if staying in one place for weeks at a time.  You might want to setup for continuous drain-out.  I bought a Rhino sewer hose and an outdoor storage tube but yet to install it as the need has not yet arisen.  I got ahead of myself on that one.

Rhino Sewer Hose

Storage Tube
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:13:01 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Gary

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 05:43:14 pm »

Hi Ron,

On walking in a PC, no we have just seen them online I haven't found anyone close to us to see one up close, there was a rv show here last month and there wasn't any PC's there, in fact there was only 3-4 class c b+ rv's there mostly class a's and 5th wheelers and tt's.

Something else I have wondered, and was in the photo of your sewer hose, I saw a video online the guy said that haveing a clear plastic 90 or 45 elbow helped to see when the black tank was cleaned out,I was wondering if ya'll thought if this was a good idea or not.

P.S. the reason for the window in the door, it would be for the dogs and cats to look out while driveing or when stoped over night, also so we could make sure none of them would be close to run out when we opened the door.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:13:18 pm by Gary » Logged
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »

You will surely want to size one up for yourself before putting down any money.

I now understand better, why the desire for a low window there.  You'd want it to be clear glass as well because the PC glass is so dark, you cannot see inside unless at very close range.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Gary

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 07:11:33 pm »

Over the years I have learned to duck alot, I'm ok as long as I don't have to bend over at the waist Cry

Gary

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 07:54:23 pm »

I have seen that ya'll like the rear view cam on the PC's, what do you feel about side view cams ?

Do you guys like those maxxair fan vent covers, are they worth the money ?
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 45
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 01:36:36 am »

Gary,
   We had PC upgrade one of our overhead fans to a MaxAir automatic.  It is all electric.  When turned on the outside top electrically opens and can be left open.  It is rain proof and speed, on auto, is controlled by the temp you set.  It can also be operated manually.  Air can be pulled in or reverse it to pull air out.  The best use is you can leave it open with out fear of rain coming in while you are not around.  I have used the MaxAir vent covers on previous RV's and they also work very well.
     Bob
Gary

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 03:01:45 am »

Thanks for the info  ThankYou

I've looked at all the photos and can't find out if the sofa's (any kind) have seat belts, the reason I ask is so we could strap in our grandson in his seat he's 5.
Geojude

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 06:56:08 am »

Our '06 2551S has 2 seatbelts on the couch.  We have taken our grandson (5 1/2) and granddaughter (4) out with no problems.  Their booster seats buckle right in.  Note there are no shoulder harnesses, just lap belts (at least in ours).

George
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 01:14:20 pm »

Gary:

Can't help on the Max air.

The rear view camera is a must but I am not a fan of the new video screen in the rear view mirror.  It is too little a screen and you have to dial up the brightness to see anything.  On my 2010 2350 we had the big screen and that was great. Keep in mind I am in my 40's and do not wear glasses and that screen is too little.  I plan on splicing in a big screen for the rear camera.  There is a thread on here about the rear view mirror cameral you can check out. 

David

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
Gary

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 11:42:58 pm »

Thanks for all the info, the reason I asked about the side view cams is I think it'll be easy for kc (DW) to calm her nerves when she is driveing and changeing lanes.

Gary
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 10:39:40 am »

If you are serious about having 3 cameras, I suggest you go onto eBay and search rear view camera systems. When you come across a product offered by Leviathan Holdings, consider it. I've bought from the guy a few times and have never regretted it (the 7" monitor is great and the cameras are very high quality). ThumbsUp

I'll be installing a system I bought from him (my 3rd) on our unit and it will mount to the existing mirror pad on the windshield. Yahoo!

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Gary

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 05:48:45 pm »

Thanks, found it and have saved it.
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 07:13:52 pm »

Very welcome, Gary. Be safe out there.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Gary

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 03:08:43 am »

Yet another question,

while looking on different sites and reading different forums I have seen people saying that the more water you have in the black tank, the better it is to drain.
What I haven't seen though is how much water to have in there, I can't see having a 23-35 gal. cap. and having most of that with just water, how much do you guys use and what do you use to brake down the ...............well crap.

Kc (dw) would like a sat. dish, I have seen others say that if they could do it over again they wouldn't have the regular tv Antenna & Booster. Can you get local on a sat. dish ro do you need the regular tv too ?

Gary
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:06:34 am by Gary » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print

Jump to: