Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shower head hose connection  (Read 393 times)
NLK

Helpful Rating: 15
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: August 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry / Gray
ExtColor: Gray full paint
________

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2012, 02:04:41 pm »

The hose for the shower head attachment is connected to the TOP of the faucet handle base on the shower wall.  This hose is starting to crimp a little from bending downward and I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to turn the faucet handle base completely around so the hose connection comes off the bottom and therefore there would not be a need for the hose to bend. 
I hesitated about asking about this but I thought there might be a reason for the shower hose to be connected this way and didn't want to change it without some inquiring.  Is everyone else's hose connected from the top?  Would it harm anything to turn it with the hose connection coming from the bottom?  Any assistance would be appreciated.
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 02:42:40 pm »

I let the shower head hang down near the floor so that the water drains out & then won't get funky or freeze - I don't really know why, come to think of it.  Anyway, there is probably some really good functionary bureaucratic type OSHA reason for why it is a Good Thing to let the water out & the widget on the top of the faucet lets the air in as the water goes out.
kevin
JackD

Helpful Rating: 24
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:31:07 pm »

Nlk -I've wondered the same thing, for the reason you stated, plus, the handles would lift UP to turn the water on, instead of down, as they are now - so they wouldn't drain accidentally (we store stuff in the shower when not using!) I can't see any problem, but am going to Elkhart in a few weeks & will ask Bob.

Jack
NLK

Helpful Rating: 15
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: August 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2008
IntColor: Cherry / Gray
ExtColor: Gray full paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:22:19 am »

Jack that would be terrific.  I thought I might be stupid to be concerned about flipping the faucet base around but I felt PC might have a specific reason for doing that.  It will be interesting as to what they have to say.  ThankYou
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: