Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Surge Protection  (Read 1564 times)
Simple Song

Helpful Rating: 9
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July 2009
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2010 PC2400
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:46:40 pm »

Thinking about modifications and projects during the six months before we leave again.  I don't believe there is any "built in" surge protection in my PC 2400 (Someone correct me if I am wrong.) Has anyone installed a surge protector or used a portable one with their PC ?

Thanks,

Tom
NC Sailors

Helpful Rating: 19
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 08:46:17 am »

Our recently-acquired 2350 does not have integrated surge protection. We opted for the portable surge protector available at Camping World (Model 34730). A portable unit and its readily viewable indicator lights seems like a good option when compared to adding to the complexity of the coach electrical system.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (\_ ~ (\_ ~ (\_~ ~ ~ ~
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:32:52 am »

I also use a portable surge protector. I had a 50 amp protector in my last motorhome that I kept when I traded it in. A friend had a 30 amp that he bought before getting his new 50 amp 5th wheel. Since I wanted the smaller, lighter 30 amp and he could use the 50 amp, we traded protectors. Now both of us have the correct protector for our rigs. I found that at some campgrounds I don't feel I need the protector, but at other older campgrounds or the weather is bad, I will hook it up. I guess I should hook it up all the time, but I get lazy sometimes. On the last motorhome with the 50 amp, I found it did cut off several times because of low power. Low power occurs when to many rigs are plugged into the circuit and running to many a/c units. This is more of a problem at older campgrounds that did not install the required electrical circuits for todays load. Low power will cause your a/c compressor and your ciricut boards to burn up. A surge protector is cheap insurance compared to replacing an a/c, microwave or frig.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
HelenJames

Helpful Rating: -4
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:35:59 am »

I think this topic was discussed loads of time before at this forum
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 38
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:47:46 am »

Never hurts  (and may help) to rehash old technical stuff for new people that are just coming on board. IMHO.
L. G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: