« on: April 14, 2018, 10:12:50 am »
Yesterday when I went to roll up the shade on one of the windows it rapidly rolled itself up and then wouldn’t come down. This happened on our previous PC and in fooling with it something snapped inside and it never worked again. Lesson learned, I called MCD this time. Could not have asked for more helpful folks. Immediately identified the cause and gave the fix. They indicated there is a stop setting and it was locked, to fix it grab each end of the shade and give a tug downwards. With great trepidation I did so and ended up the whole unit on the bed. Shade is held in place with three 1/4” screws.
Second phone call, again very helpfull, advice was to go to their web site and watch the videos on disassembling and repairing the shades, they are short videos and very well done. Not covered in the videos, however, was the actual locking mechanism which is located in the left side of the shade tube, this they described as a screw type mechanism, with a large nut that needs to be loosened.
With their assistance the shade is now back in place and working.
Ironically we’re on the road and only about an hour from their shop in McKinney Texas so I asked if I couldn’t come by and have them take care of it, they only do so by appointment and our schedules didn’t jibe.
Long story short, it’s not a difficult fix, once having viewed the videos and speaking with them to clarify any questions.