• PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
Bird Feeders
« on: March 25, 2019, 07:46:06 pm »
Do you hang bird feeders in your campsites?

I'm asking because we've seen tons of them. Some hang seed feeders or hummingbird feeders. We were shown gorgeous pictures taken through the tinted rig window with a hummingbird feeder suction cupped to the outside. They even had a picture of a woodpecker stealing the sugar water. Some parks have signs asking that you NOT feed the birds but most seem good with it.

The people on the next site had a seed feeder hanging from a tree. This morning I watched about 20 birds (mixed species) bopping around the trees and feeder. I don't know how long they were in that site feeding birds but they rolled out today (and took the feeder) and the birds have spent the afternoon talking and yelling at John and me as we sit outside the rig. I don't speak bird but I'm pretty sure we're being asked to pony up some food. 

That feeder certainly upped the number of birds that we got to see here and I got to wondering if campsite bird feeders are pretty standard. We're in Arizona but spotted a lot of feeders in the campgrounds in Texas too.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

donc13

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
Re: Bird Feeders
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 06:23:16 pm »
We just got a suction cup hummingbird feeder- more for our entertainment than nourishment for the birds.  While looking on-line for them I saw a seed feeder that sticks to the window.  I believe someone refered to it as "cat t.v."  There is no way I'd get one of those, with my luck, the Grackles would follow me home.  I'd rather they found tasty mosquitos!

Patti

---
Don and Patti

RheaNL

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: October 4, 2012
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Dusk
  • ExtColor: Dusk lower
Re: Bird Feeders
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 09:56:19 pm »
Most campgrounds in the Rocky Mountains do not allow bird feeders.  They attract bears. So, be aware of your surroundings and if those feeders might attract some critter you really do not want.