• Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
REAR AXEL OVER LOADED
« on: September 06, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »
HI

I NEED HELP. JUST PICKED UP OUR 2919T LAST WEEK AND LOADED THE KITCHEN EQU. AND BEDING ABOUT 130 POUNDS. FULL OF WATER AND GAS.
ALSO ABOUT 150 POUNDS OF OUTER EQU. THEN I TOOK THE UNIT TO THE CAT WEIGHT STATION.  4484# FRONT AXEL AND 10120# REAR AXEL. SO I AM OVER LOADED.
 REAR AXEL IS 9600#?.STILL NO FOOD OR CLOTHES LOADED. WHERE DID I GO WRONG?   JAS  JIM SMITH

bobander

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: April 2010
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Classic Umber
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
Re: REAR AXEL OVER LOADED
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 06:21:17 am »
Jim,

I weighed my 2010 2551S while on a trip and it was fully loaded with fuel, water, supplies, and all our clothes and stuff, and two of us in the RV.  The front axle was 4400 lbs and the rear axle was 8000 lbs for a total of 12400 lbs.  You are at 14600 and still not fully loaded, probably over 15000 when loaded comparable to mine.  That doesn't seem right for just 4 feet longer on your rig compared to mine, even with two more slides.  Hopefully someone with a 2910T will post their weight and see how you compare to them.  Can't believe that all the larger PCs are running around over the 14,500 lb Max GVWR.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Bob
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:30:37 pm by bobander »
2010  PC 2551

ragoodsp

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: May 5, 2012
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:16:40 am »
My 3100 with one slide, full tanks, two adults, fully loaded including 75 lb dog came in 1100 pounds under GVW and both axles were under max. capacity.  I have not done individual wheel weight but would like to. Not sure what to say.   Thanks
Ron Goodspeed

ragoodsp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: May 5, 2012
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:30:06 am »
I just looked back and found my specific numbers...fully loaded and ready to head out my 3100S came in at 13,600 lbs.;  9140 lbs rear; 4460 lbs front.  900 lbs under max.   hope this helps?  thanks
Ron Goodspeed

jas

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 5 20 14
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 04:40:31 pm »
Thanks  Just found a web site about tires and wheels on class c and b's. www.ricksontruckwheels.com/wheels-ford-e350450php

jas   jim

Dave & Julie

• Dave, Julie, Flurry & Rags
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 20, 2014
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:40:50 am »
Jas,
Reading your post made me wonder about our 2910T coming off the line next month.  I just talked to Earl this morning.  He told me that the yellow sticker inside the door has the vehicle weights on it.    He told me ours should have around 2000 LBS of cargo carrying capacity (CCC).  He was at the Hershey RV show & checked the 2015 Phoenix Cruiser 3100 they are showing there.  It's the one pictured on the website inventory page.  It has a CCC of 2200 LBS.

:)Makes me wonder if the scale operator didn't have you lined up quite right.  Hope this all works out.

Dave   

jas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:04 pm »
Dave    The 3100 has one slide and the 2910T has three. I don't know? I will get it weighed this week end and see. Also Kermit is checking on the problum.
the coach is leaning to the left 2,5 inches  (drivers side)  If you add water,fuel and propane this is about 1000#  Thanks  Jim

bobander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 05:39:21 pm »
Jas,
Reading your post made me wonder about our 2910T coming off the line next month.  I just talked to Earl this morning.  He told me that the yellow sticker inside the door has the vehicle weights on it.    He told me ours should have around 2000 LBS of cargo carrying capacity (CCC).  He was at the Hershey RV show & checked the 2015 Phoenix Cruiser 3100 they are showing there.  It's the one pictured on the website inventory page.  It has a CCC of 2200 LBS.

:)Makes me wonder if the scale operator didn't have you lined up quite right.  Hope this all works out.

Dave   

Jas,
Dave makes a good point, what does your sticker indicate for CCC?  I looked at mine and the calculated CCC is for food and stuff (cargo); the fuel, water, propane, and people are included in the vehicle weight to determine the CCC.
Bob
2010  PC 2551

jas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 07:35:48 pm »
Bob  Checked my coach and could not see a yellow sticker with the ccc weight. Checked both cab doors. On the drivers side
two with the GVW for each axel 5,000 front and 9,600 on the rear for a total 14,500# . This is for tire air psi.   Jim

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 08:30:08 pm »
Jim jas,

In the past, PC has placed a sticker about 6" x 5" or so, located on the inside of the right side kitchen galley door.  Maybe they place it inside another door today.  It explains the weight of the rig and the weight of added contents such as fresh water and propane, and the final CCC.

Regarding tire pressure recommendations, PC had always placed a sticker in the driver door jamb, for the recommended tire pressure, front and back tires.

If you don't have the stickers, call the factory and ask for them.  I am confident they will send them to you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:32:38 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

bobander

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:27 pm »
Jim,

Ron is correct, the sticker with the CCC should be inside one of the cabinet doors.  Coincidentally, my sticker was missing and the factory sent one to me.

Bob
2010  PC 2551

TomHanlon

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:48 am »
Those stickers are so wrong it is a big joke. A manufacture can only guess at what it might be as they don't have scales. When you start  allowing chanes to the orignal floor plan, are changing the weights. Like you add a slideout, maybe two or three of them, maybe you delete or add a cabinet, you change the weights. Do you really think the manufacture refigures what each option adds or subtracts?

On top of that, the owner then comes along and makes modifcations, like replacing a barrel chair with a captains chair, adding or changing cabinets. Then the wife comes along and moves the pots and pans from the overhead cabinets on the left side to her new kitchen draws on the right side. The weights have changed again.

Two things that some owner make a mistake about are the weight distribution when adding water and supples and the height of each side of the motorhome from the ground. They hear that they should weigh the RV when it is ready for a trip. This number can be close but will change during their trip. They fill the freash water tank, which can put a lot of pounds on one side, then they take a couple of showers, moving a lot of that weight from one side into the gray tank on the other side. Now your weight are changed again. Having the fresh water tank full and measuring the ride heigh then moving the water around to the other side will also change the ride heigh.

I have not heard of any chassis problems due to weight since the 1990's when Toyota was making the mini pickup for conversion to micro-mini motorhomes. The manufactures kept increasing the size of the box they put on the back trying to make them as roomy as a class C. Then the owner would put himself and his wife/girl friend in the front seat and add another couple with all the supplies in the back. Merrerly down the bumpy road they would go until the rear axle would bend or brake. They then wanted Toyota to repair their broken motorhome under warrenty. Toyota stopped making the mini pickup for RV conversion.

My point with all this is that knowing the weight and ride height can be some what usefull, but is to be taken with a grain of salt. After all just think about what happens when two of you sit in the front seats, move to the sofa or dinnitte, then go to bed in the rear. You have moved a lot of weight around, changing the weight distribution and ride height. Then there is that case of beer you brough along for the weekend. Did you move that weight.

Stop worrying and enjoy your RV.

JimDenny

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 10:27:24 am »
 2o2
WELL SAID!!

bobojay

• View Profile
  • Model: None
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Desert Sand-Hickory
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand-Lower
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 11:19:19 am »
Agree.... (exactly)
Bob & Sharon
Current: 2013 Winnebago ERA Class B Sprinter Van
Future: 2100 special, 2350, ?? on a hopefully Ford Transit 350 or 450

dickreid1

• All 48 States, boarder Provinces and Maritimes
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: Feb. 2012
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »
JAS

See my post of 10 Feb 2013 about overweight on the rear left duals after a shock from the results of weighing all four corners.

This is a real concern for me such that I NEVER FILL MY WATER TANK!  We run with only a few gallons enough to get us to the next campground.

My first clue should have been the sticker on the driver door saying 85 pounds tire inflation which is 5 pounds over-inflated according to Michelin. 

The second indication was the lean to the slide-outs (2) side which was compensated by adding shims to the springs.

I also note that my front-rear weights were within the front-rear limits.  Yours being out of limits gives me considerable concern.

Dick