• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 10/09
  • Model: 2350 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • Slide: Yes
  • ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
Wonderful trip to Utah and Colorado
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:04:37 pm »
We just returned from a wonderful three-week trip to the parks in Utah and also the San Juan Mountains in Colorado.  While in Moab, I did see another Phoenix Cruiser at the Visitor Center, leaving one of the campgrounds along the Colorado River and they were also entering Deadhorse State Park as we were leaving.  I so wanted to meet these people but we never managed to connect.  Just a quick wave.  We really had a great time and it was hard to head home.  There just never seems to be quite enough time to do everything we would like to do.  We definitely plan to head back that way when possible.  The Million Dollar Highway was just as wonderful as everyone has said and we didn't find it all that difficult to drive as the road was in great condition and we had plenty of room.  On a different trip, we thought the highway going up to Jeremy in Arizona was more difficult.  Of course, my husband was doing the mountain driving and I just had to sit back and relax.  Both he and the PC did a great job.  We thoroughly enjoyed the little village of Silverton in Colorado.  My husband's father worked the mines there in that area in the early 1900's.  When we arrived and visited the museum, they invited us to take part in their 50th anniversary the next day.  Everyone was very friendly and we had a great time there. 

Margie

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
Re: Wonderful trip to Utah and Colorado
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:33:49 am »
We just got into Moab last night. We plan to hit Arches and Canyonlands and maybe Dead Horse State Park. We already found the Moab Brewery  :)  Does anyone have recommendations for the area? Also, are there any other PC's near by?

We will eventually be moving on to Bryce and Zion, and somewhere down the road we'll swing up through California on our way to winter in western Oregon... or Washington... or both.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:00:02 am »
Does anyone have recommendations for the area?
Rent a Jeep for the day from Farabee's on the south side of town.  Don't rent from anyone else.  Ask them to map for you the popular route starting in Potash to Mussleman Arch, the Colorado River, up Shafer's Trail to the top, then down into Pucker Pass if you have enough daylight, the road with the big rock across it.  It's the town's most popular Jeeping day-trip recommendation.  Very memorable experience, adventurous, fun & exciting, beautiful, and safe too.  You also drive along the mid-shelf of Dead Horse Point in the beginning.

You will burn less than half a tank of gas for the entire day so don't sweat that concern one bit.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:10:09 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 10:05:43 am »
Holly and John,
We were in Moab last year.  We found the brewery, as well. Another cool place to visit is the Castle Creek Winery. It is about 14 miles down 28 (I think that's the route #) from Moab. They have wine tastings, a museum of John Wayne and the films that were made in that area. It is a beautiful place and the wine is not too shabby!!

Judi
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL