Hello Guest

Phoenix Questions

• 18 Replies

TomHanlon

Re: Phoenix Questions
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 07:25:23 am »
Sometimes we run with just the windows open, sometimes just the cab A/C, sometimes with both the cab and roof A/C. It has to be pretty hot for me to use both A/Cs, but I do it for the dog in the back.

Yes the generator runs off the gas tank until the tank get below about 1/3 empty, then it shuts down. That way the generator will not run you out of gas, you have to do that yourself.  :lol

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 07:36:44 am »
The RV ac is powered by the generator. I see you are looking at the longer models so this wouldn't apply but I believe the units built on a Sprinter chassis have a propane generator... diesel truck, propane genny. The Ford is gas truck, gas genny.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

Sparky

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 12/12
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • Slide: No
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 09:05:53 am »
PURCHASE  AWAY FROM HOME  welcome,,   We purchased our PC2350 out of Seattle (we live in Houston)  I think you could get someone from the forum to go check out a vehicle in the area. I went and checked out a 2551 at our local Camping World for someone,, they sent me a $50 gift card from Starbucks,,,  covered my gas..  time was no problem was fun.     Both RV's I have purchased  were used... The first one I paid a local  RV shop to inspect I did not have enough experience....  There are some dealers who will pay you to fly in and purchase... you can really get some good deals on used,, I would love to buy a brand new unit but money rules haha
Sparky
Houston

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 10:28:35 pm »
Take a look at a Thor RUV. Nice size, but not made as well as a Phoenix.