• PurchDate: February 21, 2015
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
sound deadening
« on: March 01, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »
Hello. We are new to this forum as we have just ordered our new PC 2910. We are downsizing from a 40 foot DP and can't wait to get to try out our new rig. On the option list I was sent was an option for "sound deadening". Is this worth the cost? We would love to hear from others that may have experience with this. I am sure we will have lots of other questions as we prepare for our new home on wheels. We are retired and spend around 4 months a year seeing our great country.
Thanks

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
Re: sound deadening
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:23:01 pm »
Never saw that option. We do not have thermopane windows either and out 2552 is very quiet fro outside noise.

Maybe it's sound insulation in the doghouse (Engine compartment) the engine is noisy when driving.

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:33 pm »
I suggest contacting Earl to clarify that sound deafening option. It may be something new so we can't weigh in or it could be something many of us have but it was called something different back in the day (remember when vehicles came with radios.... before they became sound systems?) If the option deals with that Ford engine noise then I'd also recommend it.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:28:43 pm »
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your 2910.

We have a 2910 (it is our 3rd PC). As the others have stated, I have never heard of that option. It must be new. We do have thermopane windows. I find the rig quiet. Let us know when you find out what it is.

When we had our rig built, we added some upgrades. We had a beveled mirror installed behind the sink and on the wall to the left of the stove. One of the best things we did. Water splashes when doing the dishes and my concern was that it would sit on the wood paneling behind the sink and spot the wood. Not an issue now. I just wipe it with glass cleaner and we are good to go. It also has the added advantage of making the living space seem larger.

We put some photos of what we did on the Forum. You can search and find them. If you have any other questions, PM me.

Judi
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

palmettorose

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: February 21, 2015
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 03:03:16 pm »
The sound deadening seems to be a spray on similar to an undercoating. The price is $40 per running foot.