Hello Guest

I need some instagram help/advice

• 14 Replies

aimee

I need some instagram help/advice
« on: March 21, 2015, 03:26:40 pm »
I already sent this in an e-mail to Kyle and Earl to solicit ideas, but I want to toss it around over here too, and see if we can come to a consensus.

I have decided that since we do so many day trips or overnights here and there with my kidsócompetitions, concerts, recitals, Junior Olympics, etc. that I am going to start looking for places that are/would be accessible to Phoenix Cruisers but might not be to other RVís that offer similar amenities. My target audience here are downsizers.  Iíd like to have a hashtag we can use when I find these places and I can encourage the Phoenix Cruiser ownersí community to get involved.

For example, this past Thursday morning I was in Sharon, PAóa bustling and adorable small downtown and ate at this super funky retro diner that does a really good business.  We could totally have parked a Phoenix Cruiser right there on the street in front of the diner if we wanted to (and if we had one with us, because I got out and measured. I'm crazy like that). Places like this that donít have lot parking and are too small for parking garages are fun and funky places that those with larger RVís canít really explore like you could in a PC. Behind the restaurant were these really neat statues that you couldnít even see if you hadnít stopped and gotten out. It reminds me of a photo one of our users sent us years ago of them parked right downtown Chicago, I think, in front of a museum.  Later in the day we were in downtown Youngstown, Ohio and we discovered a really wonderful coffee shopóJoe Maxx. It was another super eclectic gem with a ton of variety and personality you canít get at a Dunkiní Donuts or a Starbucks.  There we paid a quarter to park for an hour in a spot plenty big enough for a 2100 and possibly a 2350 (and could have paid for two spots because we had plenty of empty spaces, honestly). I want to highlight what we might be missing when we travel in a larger unitóthe personality and feel of the communities we visit. Being able to just spot something and stop and get to really tour American cities. So Iím thinking like #pcgoesanywhere or #pctoursAmerica...something that wonít get cluttered quickly with photos outside of our owners'  and followers'  group, but that gives the feel of what Iím going for. #adventureanywhere gets a lot of traffic, so I need something a little more unique.  Now, I got a lot of cool pics from these places that I can post, but none of them have PCís in them, obviously. You guys can work on that more when youíre driving units to shows and I can get the owners to help us out there once we have decided on a hashtag. You guys can also get some photos of fun or cool places where you find yourself if it looks like someplace you could easily (ish) go in your PC, but that those driving bigger rigs could not really do.  We can't be the only family who takes our merry time getting anywhere because we love to see something as we're passing, and stop and get a little taste of life in someplace new. I want them to crave the ability to see something as theyíre driving and just stop right there and participateóso more out of the way or congested places are probably better.

So what I need are hashtag ideas.  Obviously we can use all of the ones we come up with.  That's not a problem. But I'd like to have one that all of us can agree to use for these kinds of places/opportunities.

Carol

• View Profile
    • Aging on Wheels
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
  • ExtColor: Sterling simplified
Re: I need some instagram help/advice
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 05:51:02 pm »
hashtag go-small ?
 :-D
Great idea Amy.  If I venture into any of those types of places you speak of, I'll try to remember to take a photo and send it along to you for future use, if needed.  Good luck and thanks for your hard work!

GoPhoenix

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 12/2010
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Full body grey
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:50:56 am »
Aimee, I believe this is the picture you mentioned taken in Chicago.  Itís under the ďBegin Route 66Ē sign (http://www.mytripjournal.com/HistoricRoute66).  It was taken at approximately 81 E Adams St., a half block west of Michigan Avenue and the Art Institute of Chicago.  I suspect not many, if any, other RVs have been there!
I remember very few of the things that Iíve spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Iíve spent money to see.

aimee

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:59:50 pm »
Aimee, I believe this is the picture you mentioned taken in Chicago.  Itís under the ďBegin Route 66Ē sign (http://www.mytripjournal.com/HistoricRoute66).  It was taken at approximately 81 E Adams St., a half block west of Michigan Avenue and the Art Institute of Chicago.  I suspect not many, if any, other RVs have been there!

Yes! That's the photo! One of my all-time favorites. :-) Now we need to come up with a hashtag that will only be used by the Phoenix Cruiser community so that our photos don't get lost amongst thousands of others.  I like #gosmall because it's what we're advocating, but I think it will be popular with others as well, from everything to living in small spaces to other RV's.  Keep the thoughts coming! Something like #PcCanDoIt or...I don't know. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks, y'all!  heartshower

GoPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 06:17:05 pm »
How about #rightsize ?
I remember very few of the things that Iíve spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Iíve spent money to see.

Bob Mahon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 6/2011
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 06:31:39 pm »
How 'bout #rightsizeRV ?
Or #justrightRV ?
Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.

GoPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »
I suggested #rightsize since many folks now talk about "right sizing" rather than "going smaller."

Pax

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 08:26:40 pm »
I vote for #rightsizerv.  The abbreviation 'PC' encompasses 'Personal Computer' moreso than not.

- Mike

Bob Mahon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 6/2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »
And we sure don't want to confuse it with 'Politically Correct".
Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 06:39:13 pm »
#PhoenixCruiserFits

---
Don and Patti

Carol

• View Profile
    • Aging on Wheels
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2351
  • IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
  • ExtColor: Sterling simplified
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 08:05:11 pm »
Ooooooo, nice one, donc13!

jfcaramagno

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Feb. 16, 2015
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 04:08:59 pm »
Being Right Sized means you were laid off to reduce expenses for the corporation during a downturn.
John and Carol

aimee

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 02:16:47 pm »
These are great ones!  I am in LOVE with #phoenixcruiserfits  It would never run the risk of getting overly cluttered with other types of photos, and would be easy to click the hashtag and see a full history (once we get one) of all the photos that have been tagged as thus.  LOVE IT!

I'm also going to use #rightsizeRV, because that will get us included in a broader category with other brands.  Let's use both!

backroadcruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 2008
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • IntColor: Maple/Beige
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 04:32:16 pm »
#phoenixcruiserfits   On this unpaved country road that runs from NY, thru Mass. ends in Conn. 27 miles 3 different state parks

B Golden    :-D :-D :-D
Bill and Karen Golden

GoPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 04:55:48 pm »
I didnít suggest rightsized, I suggested rightsize Ė  a different meaning.