• PurchDate: 05/12
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: dusk
  • ExtColor: sterling
Rear view mirror / Camera monitor
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:57:36 pm »
We took advantage of temps in the 40's to begin the process of getting our PC ready for camping. We noticed that the rear view mirror and rear camera  Sony display were not getting power. I pulled the  kick panel near the emergency brake and checked all the fuses assuming the wiring passes thru that area. There did not appear to be any blown fuses  and even after changing several there was no change. Does anyone know if both the Sony display monitor and the  rear view mirror with temperature and compass both run off the same fuse and where that fuse is located? Does anyone have any other ideas what might be causing this issue? And yes, I did try pushing the power button on each unit .... My wife kept bugging me to keep trying!

Pax

Re: Rear view mirror / Camera monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:19:31 pm »
All I can contribute is that my backup camera runs through a 'Riverpark AV Distribution Box' which is located in the cabinet above the passenger seat (Model AVS050HD).

- Mike

bhgareau

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 05/12
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: dusk
  • ExtColor: sterling
Re: Rear view mirror / Camera monitor
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »
I contacted Kermit who quickly pointed me in the right direction. It ended up being a blown fuse up front where the Phoenix installed accessories tie into the Ford electrical system. Replaced the fuse and all is well.