• OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: March 2014
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: Yes
Where to sell my 2013 Ford Focus Toad?
« on: March 29, 2015, 05:40:50 pm »
Last year we bought a Ford Focus, had it rigged with NSA ready brute tow bar, Blue Ox base plate and the ready brake system.  I bought the Focus to tow behide our new 2552 basically because the weight (3000 lbs.), gas mileage and the price.  After knee surgery on both of us, the Focus is to low and difficult to get in and out.  We have decided to rig our Ford Edge and tow it.

My question is, how to go about selling the Ford Focus?  Have any of you had this experience and could give us some information as far as internet sites and/or dealers?

Thank you,
Jim Triplett
304-344-3554
Jim and Bev Triplett
Charleston, WV

Carol

• View Profile
    • Aging on Wheels
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2351
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
  • ExtColor: Sterling simplified
Re: Where to sell my 2013 Ford Focus Toad?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:45:38 pm »
I know there are a few active, well-populated RV forums out there, and those would probably be worth visiting to see if they have a section to advertise RV related items for sale.  The one I am most familiar with is the Escapees RV Network.  If you go to their forum, towards the bottom there is an entire section devoted just to the sale of Toads and stuff.
Good luck--both with the knees and the sale!

Pax

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 07:59:19 pm »
Jim:

We tow a 2013 Ford Edge behind a 2014 2552.  Let me know if you have any questions about this setup.....its a bit unusual.

- Mike

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:00:16 am by Pax »

Jim Triplett

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 4, 2014
  • IntColor: Grey
  • ExtColor: Dust
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 12:33:19 pm »
Jim:

We tow a 2013 Ford Edge behind a 2014 2552.  Let me know if you have any questions about this setup.....its a bit unusual.

- Mike

Thanks Mike.  I read your post in the past concerning the Edge toad.  I do have a question?  On the Focus I installed a battery disconnect switch.  Thinking about doing the same to the Edge so as not to run down the battery since the power is not needed while towed, right?  Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim and Beverly Triplett
Charleston, WV

Pax

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 08:43:31 am »
Jim:

It would depend on the model of Edge you have and also if your brake/turn signal lights or supplemental braking systems are powered by the car or the coach battery when towing.

Our Edge is a Limited with push button ignition and we are using the cars existing lights for signals and brake.  We also have a separate line from the coach to the car battery for charging while underway. 

If we follow the recommended towing instructions from the owners manual we have no battery problems.  If we fail to ensure that the Accessory mode is on, we have had problems.  This is counter-intuitive, but when you turn on Accessory mode it will automatically time-out and shut down the displays.  Without Accessory mode on, the displays will stay on and slowly drain the battery.

Our Edge also has a number of things that depend on the battery always being attached (like Comfort settings, Sync settings, etc.)

- Mike

Jim Triplett

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 04:17:51 pm »
Thanks Mike.  I appreciate your help. 
Jim and Beverly Triplett
Charleston, WV

Jim Triplett

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 10:24:00 am »
I know there are a few active, well-populated RV forums out there, and those would probably be worth visiting to see if they have a section to advertise RV related items for sale.  The one I am most familiar with is the Escapees RV Network.  If you go to their forum, towards the bottom there is an entire section devoted just to the sale of Toads and stuff.
Good luck--both with the knees and the sale!

Thank you Carol for the link.  I will try it.
Jim and Beverly Triplett
Charleston, WV