Hello Guest

Need The Strength Of "THE HULK" To Work Your Shower Head? If So, Read This.

• 33 Replies

Barry-Sue

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 10/17/11
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
Ron

Yes, the longer screws were for the corners but the screw count and size I provided was for a 2551 with a corner shower.  The 2350 has a different style shower and the screw count and size might be different.

Barry
Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide

RheaNL

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 4, 2012
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Dusk
  • ExtColor: Dusk lower
A good soaking in white vinegar will also clear away the minerals that block the shower head holes or anyplace else you have mineral build-up. 

We also quickly replaced the shower head, but with a model that has an on/off sliding thumb switch and bigger head. Our sweet ride is tucked away for the winter so don't know the brand but it works much easier than the push-through button worked even when new. Whenever we use the outside shower which we did not change, we celebrate we changed the inside one. Ron your must have really strong fingers to have lived with the original for 4 years.

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
Ron wrote:  I have the white plastic shower hose off as well, going to home improvement centers with it to find a more flexible one.  I am thinking about one of those plastic braided type like we once had at home for the kitchen sprayer.

That is exactly what we use, including the spray head.  A simple, very flexible kitchen sink sprayer.   When you release the trigger, it is OFF and you don't drip water.  That is important when boondocking and you may be getting water from a distance and trying to get as many days possible out of your tanks.   A whole bunch of Class B folks (the land from whence we came) have used these for years because they shut completely off when you release the trigger and Class Bs generally have small tanks.   Disadvantage is you cannot adjust the shower spray and it comes out forcefully, which is fine for a lot of us. 

Paul

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Need The Strength Of "THE HULK" To Work Your Shower Head? If So, Read This.
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 08:18:10 am »
I found at our local home improvement center, a 59" (the original is 59"-60") replacement hose for $5.95 so I bought it.  It is not as flexible as the expensive systems have, but better than our original solid white plastic one.  I think the original simply got stiffer with age.  I was tempted to buy a better shower system, but this was just too easy and so cheap a solution.  And Irene totally agreed with me.

Like Barry-Sue had done, I also bought stainless hardware for around the shower pan.  Some of the original #6 screws did not bite well at all so I bought the next diameter larger, #8s.  They fit the same holes and bite in perfectly and so that little project is now done.

While in the shower, I also noticed the caulk on one corner wall and along one edge of the pan needed attention so I rubbed it off (yes it simply rubbed off as it was spread extremely thin), cleaned it up, and laid a new bead of white silicone caulk, the same caulk I used on the cracked Dicor on the roof around the vents up there, explained in another T&T thread.

I am on a role checking off my list and lovin it.  I now have time for it for I got laid off last Tuesday from Motorola Solutions after 38 years there.  It really was perfect timing.  I got a nice severance package which I considered to be a very nice parting gift.  I am a free man now like most of you are so these little projects are play time for me.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:12:23 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TomHanlon

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 08:51:32 am »
Congratulations on getting your freedom. :)(:
Is irene free?

My wife got her freedom a couple of years ago and I have been free for the last eight years. Those were some hard years waiting for her to be free also.
Boy, it is way better than working for a living.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:35:55 am by TomHanlon »

Carol

• View Profile
    • Aging on Wheels
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
  • ExtColor: Sterling simplified
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 08:52:49 am »
Ron & Irene--Best of luck in this next stage of living life as it comes along.  I have nothing but faith and confidence that you will not only find your next direction, you will make it happen, and with the same confidence and meticulous flair you exhibit in caring for your PC!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 02:11:11 pm »
Well I thank you both for your kind words over my retirement.  And to answer Tom's question.  Irene has been at home patiently awaiting for this moment, right along with me.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Barry-Sue

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/17/11
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 09:17:24 am »
Ron

Congratulations.  Retirement is a summer vacation that never ends.  Enjoy!

Barry and Sue
Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 11:12:14 am »
Ron

Congratulations.  Retirement is a summer vacation that never ends.  Enjoy!

Barry and Sue

Thank You!
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 05:39:10 am »
From reading your posts I gather this advice may not apply to you, but one can never be sure.

AVOID death by chair!   It is so easy to settle into a routine of sitting and thinking, or reading, or watching TV. Sure, retirement means slowing down but that comfy chair will pull you in and suck the life out of you.

I know you are active in your church and community so that will help... but leads to more advice: learn to say no. If you don't, you'll wind up with a full time job that you don't get paid for. Now is a good time to make that "Bucket List" for each of you and get to it.

It will take time to adapt but I think you're going to love being retired. I was beyond ready but John was not. He was happy at his desk and in his chair. Within two months on the road, he was totally into it. So, congratulations, relax and enjoy!
H
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 08:17:49 am »
From reading your posts I gather this advice may not apply to you, but one can never be sure.

AVOID death by chair!   It is so easy to settle into a routine of sitting and thinking, or reading, or watching TV. Sure, retirement means slowing down but that comfy chair will pull you in and suck the life out of you.

I know you are active in your church and community so that will help... but leads to more advice: learn to say no. If you don't, you'll wind up with a full time job that you don't get paid for. Now is a good time to make that "Bucket List" for each of you and get to it.

It will take time to adapt but I think you're going to love being retired. I was beyond ready but John was not. He was happy at his desk and in his chair. Within two months on the road, he was totally into it. So, congratulations, relax and enjoy!
H
I am right there with you.

I love short term projects, whether at home, helping family, church, neighbors, community, whatever.  But I don't want to be a crutch either with "Don't bother because Ron will come in and save the day" kind of thinking.  But I have said "No, I can't do that" way too many times in my life.  I really want to say "Count me in" much more often.  I would like to attend events like these Phoenix Cruiser annual outings for example.

My church is a mega church which holds their Global Leadership Summit in August, an event that packs our main 7100 seat auditorium with over-flow in our smaller auditorium. The event is broadcast around the country, and later around the world with over 200,000 in attendance.  I am asked to help of which I have done on rare occasion because I have to take time off work.  Now I can join my wife and be counted on to help pull off that event every year.  Christmas services go for an entire week prior to Christmas Day.  I can step it up during those times as well.  I enjoy helping in spurts.  You get the idea.

I can see I will continue to be a busy guy and that is how I enjoy life.  Since being at home for less than a week, I have already lost a few pounds from not sitting in a cubicle for 40 hours a week, tapping into vending machine junk food twice a day.

Please don't worry about me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:31:57 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

RichardP

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 2016
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • IntColor: Concord Cherry
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 10:47:24 pm »
Hey Ron, I promise not to "worry about you."  Sounds like you have it together in many ways.  Not all of us have or had the luxury of getting to retirement at an early age, but you may have to run to catch up with us!  I just picked up this thread today, so I am late in adding my congratulations.  Always enjoy your posts here and on other sites.  Now you will have more time to send us even more.  Enjoy!!!!

Richard

BuffaloRose

• Earl & Rose
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/3/2014
  • ModelYear: 2010
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 09:25:19 pm »
Want to add our congratulations on your retirement.  I know you will have many new adventures to share with us. We are thoroughly enjoying our time.  Also I want to say how much we enjoy your helpful information on the forum.  All of the folks on here are great.
BuffaloRose

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 09:29:21 pm »
Want to add our congratulations on your retirement.  I know you will have many new adventures to share with us. We are thoroughly enjoying our time.  Also I want to say how much we enjoy your helpful information on the forum.  All of the folks on here are great.

tymote
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 08:31:00 am »
Ron, we have been gone for a week in our 2350 enjoying the fall weather and I am just now reading these posts.  You wrote:

I now have time for it for I got laid off last Tuesday from Motorola Solutions after 38 years there.  It really was perfect timing.  I got a nice severance package which I considered to be a very nice parting gift.  I am a free man now like most of you are so these little projects are play time for me.

Let me just add my congratulations to those of others posted on this forum.  Although I must admit I occasionally miss the action of my former life, I feel blessed to no longer be a participant in the daily work scene.  Like me, you seem to have a lot of interests and things to bring joy to your life.  I am familiar with your church and the leadership it has brought to church life in reorienting much of America.  What a great opportunity to stay involved and active!   Somewhere along the way, we tend to let life become our work instead of a resource to increase the joy of our life.  It is a much different corporate world than you entered almost forty years ago.  I am so glad to be able to get up every day and do pretty well what I want to do without the burden of having to constantly respond to the demands of the workplace. 

For some, this transition is easy and for some it is not so easy.  I have learned enough about you from your postings to know it will be a blessing to your life to have more of the most fleeting commodity on this planet:  time. 

Congratulations and enjoy the journey!   Lots of places out there in this country and time to experience, not just see them, is a gift. 

Paul