• PurchDate: 12/2010
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Full body grey
Traveling without our PC
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:19:19 am »
Our first trip without the PC to see some fall color, Shawnee State Park Lodge, southeastern Ohio.  Nice lodge, but strange bed, bath, etc.  And canít find a thing in all these bags.  Now which end of this suitcase goes up?  Ugh.    :beg
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:24:57 pm by GoPhoenix »
I remember very few of the things that Iíve spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Iíve spent money to see.

Barry-Sue

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 10/17/11
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
Re: Traveling without our PC
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:54:04 pm »
Beautiful fall colors!!  Glad you shared it with us.

We will be staying in a hotel at the end of November for 1 night.  We haven't done it in many, many years and I am already dreading not having my own bed, sheets, bath etc...  Our PC has really spoiled us.

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide

Gail Staton

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 06:07:53 pm »
What a lovely view.  Glad you are traveling, even without the PC, to enjoy seeing beautiful scenery.

JimInVA

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • Model: None
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 07:01:30 pm »
Postcard perfect.  Thanks for sharing!!

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 08:05:27 am »
Beautiful Ohio!  

We are heading out next week for Mount Magazine State Park over in Arkansas.  We have been there several times and usually make it our final PC trip of the year before blowing out the lines, filling them full of pink and taking all the freezable stuff out of the rig.  The foliage is usually very attractive there and we often drive the "Pig Trail" which is a state highway from that area all the way up to almost the Missouri line.  Lots of great maples and sweetgum along the way.  Only in Arkansas would they officially call it "Pig Trail".   By the way, Arkansas really solicits and supports tourism and it is a beautiful state, mostly undiscovered by people outside this area of the country.   Their state parks are absolutely second to none and the topography in much of the state is reminiscent of much of Vermont and New Hampshire.

We have had motor homes for a lot of decades now, but we still enjoy "fly and drives" and do them also.  We love both ways of travel.  Those bags and suitcases got a lot more compatible with my temper when we discovered these and we use them in our PC as well.  We have several each and find they really do organize stuff.   We were in Vermont this month for a fly and drive of almost two weeks and they really kept stuff organized.  

http://www.amazon.com/eBags-Large-Packing-Cubes-Denim/dp/B0013KGG90/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446123603&sr=8-2&keywords=suitcase+bags

These eBags come in all sizes and colors.  I find the medium and large perfect and it is amazing how much stuff will go in the large one and how well and wrinkle free things stay.  

Paul
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:07:14 am by Doneworking »

Gail Staton

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 10:04:32 am »
Paul,

Hal and I have been using ebags packing cubes since our B days, too.   They are in the Cruiser now as we leave for a 9 day trip on Saturday.  We each have a different color and about every size they make.  So convenient to pack and carry out to motorhome.   

Safe travels on your upcoming trip.

Gail