• Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Hickory
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand Full Body - modified
Re: 2016 - 2351 Options and Modifications
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 01:21:32 pm »
Hi,
I am having a 2351 built and was wondering if you ever got your cell phone booster issue resolved.   I am thinking about using the same Weboost 4GX-OTR antenna and having it installed on the back of the luggage rack on the drivers side.  I plan to have the inside antenna installed in the stereo cabinet behind the passengers seat.  Any suggestions?
Thanks for all your input and sharing.

Dave

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 10:09:39 pm »
We got out lesson on reading the instructions. Our air compressor cylinder to allow the installed braking system on the tow car to operate without air brakes on he new PC was not properly installed.  Instructions which came with the unit called for the  brake line activator to be installed at the front brake lines... It was installed at the rear. The brakes are 60% front and 40% rear so that gives us less braking than is considered by Roadmaster to be appropriate.

Our visits to various Hitch company's in Elkhart left us  with no solution. No One will touch it with a ten foot  pole.. No fix...No one wants the liability risk.We have yet to determine if Roadmaster in Vancouver Washington will make the correction if we drive from Florida to Vancouver, Washington.

We are considering this even though we have no other reason to be in Vancouver. So not an easy fix. Not sure what the question was we failed to ask... Patricia & Jim
P S the tow car is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler 4 door that was set up for class A towing  The light that is supposed to come on when brakes in tow car are activated comes on at all kinds of times and is located on the dash in an area not visible to the person sitting in. The drivers seat.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:15:26 pm by HenryJ »
Patricia & Jim
He's in charge I just drive

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 10:18:33 pm »
Polish Price George & Jill,

I have been meaning to tell you that I really love your extra wide kitchen drawers.  If we had them, that would have saved me a pile of work in making the standard ones 85% bigger in our 2350 HERE.

Ron Dittmer
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Polish Prince

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: February 2016, Delivery August 2016
  • ModelYear: 2016 - 2351 on a 450 chassis
  • IntColor: Desert Sand, with ultra leather and carpet toast
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 06:13:09 am »
Hi,
I am having a 2351 built and was wondering if you ever got your cell phone booster issue resolved.   I am thinking about using the same Weboost 4GX-OTR antenna and having it installed on the back of the luggage rack on the drivers side.  I plan to have the inside antenna installed in the stereo cabinet behind the passengers seat.  Any suggestions?
Thanks for all your input and sharing.

Dave
Yes, we got the issue resolved by moving the interior antenna to the cabinet next to the door.  It gave us enough separation and it now works great.  We are going to velcro it on that cabinet wall and put up a dual remote holder there for our phones.  Everything will be driven of the blue tooth to the truck or to ear receivers.  It has provided a 1-2 boost in cell coverage, which is about all we can ask for.
George & Jill Budzynski, Birchbark Farm

Dave R

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Delivered 12/16/16
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand Full Body - modified
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2016, 12:33:32 am »
Great to hear you got the booster working!

Thanks,
Dave

pastogie

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: on order spring 2018
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Tan
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2018, 03:15:32 am »
Hi
Just wanted to know how you like your 2351 so far.  Is there anything that you would change or add?  Any issues and what you love?
Thanks!

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 01:06:36 pm »
RE: Front cab noise and heat.

I installed sound dampening, radiant heat barrier and a PVC  mat for a floor treatment. 

https://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php?topic=3016.msg25145#msg25145

MUCH quieter, floor stays cool, easily cleaned and looks Great. Not a difficult job either. The 'entering the coach smell' of old carpet is gone also.  :-D (cheer) With the new flooring out back and front it smells like a new coach every time we open it.  2o2

MaggieM

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2014
  • ModelYear: 2014
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 05:30:46 pm »
Hello. I am intrigued about the 2351 modifications you made- especially what you did in the rear of the coach. Is it possible for you to send me photos of the bathroom configuration and taking away some of the wall on the bathroom side of the bed? Also, how does it work without a bathroom door? Has you condidered deleting the shower?

I have a 2350 built in 2014 (it was actually the first 2351 floorplan with the dinette). I am considering upgrading to a 2018 or 2019 model 2351 on the e450 chassis and was VERY interested in what you did.

Thanks-

Martha
mslavonic08@yahoo.com

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 08:55:03 am »
I like THIS brand new 2351 phoenix has in inventory.  As many of you know, slide-outs are "not my thing" but that is a very nice rig.  The galley base cabinet is awesome with much bigger drawers, and the bigger counter above it.  We love our dinette "Immensely" would never own a motor home without one again.  That rig appears to have the same dinette cushions as we have.  Our dinette is comfortable to sit at for extended periods, so I assume that one offers the same good roomy comfort.  I know many of you love the Euro chair, but our bolted-down 3rd matching captain seat in that position with seat belt is hard to beat....for us anyway.  It is very comfortable, offers a comfortable seat for someone to travel in, and is always out of our way, important with our no-slide-out floor plan.

For educational purposes for anyone ordering a new 2350 or 2351, you can see what I mean by reviewing pictures of our no-slide 2350 dinette and captain seat HERE, and HERE.  Some pictures show our earlier cloth cushions which we replaced with the darker green vinyl with thinner more dense memory foam.  We don't recommend the basic foam cushions.  Pay the extra money and get the thinner, more dense, vinyl-covered memory foam.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:12:13 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer