• OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 1/2016
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: Yes
Curious PC lookers!
« on: April 09, 2016, 07:52:12 am »
While traveling back from Myrtle Beach this week my daughter and I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Beckley, WV. As I started the engine to leave a man tapped on my window and asked if he could look inside my 2100 PC. He stated he and his wife were looking for something small to travel cross country. Well, always being aware of our safety, I told him if he brought back his wife I would let them take a look.  The couple loved the compact size of my PC. He said they would check out Phoenix Cruiser online.

We also, had lots  of curiosity at the campgrounds we stayed at.   :)

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
Re: Curious PC lookers!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 08:07:55 am »
I see you just got your Phoenix this year so the "Phoenix Cruiser Admiration" is new to you. Get used to it, and continue being cautious. We've had people approach us at gas stations, restaurant parking lots and campgrounds. We often return to the RV and find people walking around it, checking it out. My best story is from a campground in Tennessee. I was cooking and cleaning up one day and saw a man walk his dog past several times within just a few minutes looking our way every time (almost like he was on sentry duty - back and forth, back and forth). Since I was busy, I didn't go out to greet him... until I realized he was standing just outside the camp site "property line" - just standing there with his dog watching our door and waiting for someone to come out. We gave the tour to him, his wife and another couple they were camping with them. The second couple had just spent one night in their brand new class C and loved it so little that after seeing ours, they swore they were taking it back that day and were going to check out the Phoenix. We were also approached by owners of a new Lexington at the same campground and after they told us how much trouble they had with its handling, they headed off to check out the Phoenix also.

As for caution, my parents had a tiny Class B and my mother loved showing it off... until one half of a couple stole her purse from next to the front seat while she was  showing the back of the van to the other half of the couple. They were a good bit down the road before she realized. Luckily only one gas charge went on her card before she shut it down but then they were on the road with cancelled credit cards. I am always careful to have valuables tucked away before inviting someone in or we have one of us stand in the cab area, smiling, answering questions and keeping an eye out - friendly, but cautious.

Enjoy your PC!!
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net

lad07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 08:18:14 am »
Thank you, so much for the stolen purse info. I had never thought to put away our purses.  tymote

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 10:07:15 am »
At our church in South Barrington, IL, every year we throw a big Father's Day celebration called Dadfest.  After each weekend church service outside in the parking lot, sponsored by their C.A.R.S. Ministry is a huge celebration of music and fun activities for families.  People bring their wheeled treasures to display in the auto show area.  Not just church attendees, but other people in the Chicago area come out with real cool new, old, modified, classics, antients, motorcycles, a few RVs & boats, a rare few cars valued in the $500,000 price range.  Sometimes the local fire department, the Army Reserves, & farm equipment shows up.  Someone flies in a helicopter every year so far.  It's a bit different every year, we never know what will show up or be missed.

In that event, every third year I bring our 2007 2350.  A line always builds up to look inside.  Concerned over general wear & tear, I rope off the doorway so they can step up into the foot well to get a good look inside.  Being CARS Ministry, I always play the animated movie CARS on the TV with the surround sound turned up.  Everyone gets a real kick out of that....especially the little ones.

I get piles of questions, the most common related to fuel economy.  The most popular "comment" is along the lines of "I can handle this".  I have a stash of old 2009 Phoenix brochures of which I give one to those who are more than just curious.  I wonder if any of them ever bought a PC.

I really enjoy bringing our PC to that event, but every year is a bit much.  This year I hope to display my new toy, a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP.  I just bought it with a lot I want to do with it before displaying it.  If not ready in time, I will bring out the PC given it is year #3.  If anyone here on the forum lives in the Chicago northwest suburbs and would like to join me Father's Day weekend, I would surely display our PC.  We could setup next to each other, our own little PC corner :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:56:13 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Dave @ Lenore

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 1/16
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Gray and tan
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:42:16 am »
Our PC 2350 is parked in our driveway on a fairly busy road. Well I was selling my motorcycle so it was put out next to our 2350. I saw a man pull up on a motorcycle and he rang the doorbell. I tell the Misses I'll be out front. (I'm thinking awesome some on to look at the bike.) But oh no it was a couple the man was on his motorcycle and his wife in her car. They wanted to know how well we liked out PC so I'm doing a full rundown on our PC . About 45 minutes of me out front my wife comes out to investigate and she can't find me until she checks the PC to see me talking to this couple.  They thought they wanted a PC now they are sure!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 08:30:36 am »
Our PC 2350 is parked in our driveway on a fairly busy road. Well I was selling my motorcycle so it was put out next to our 2350. I saw a man pull up on a motorcycle and he rang the doorbell. I tell the Misses I'll be out front. (I'm thinking awesome some on to look at the bike.) But oh no it was a couple the man was on his motorcycle and his wife in her car. They wanted to know how well we liked out PC so I'm doing a full rundown on our PC . About 45 minutes of me out front my wife comes out to investigate and she can't find me until she checks the PC to see me talking to this couple.  They thought they wanted a PC now they are sure!
That's a cute story!
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

lad07

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 08:35:24 am »