Hello Guest

WATER OVERFLOW?

• 15 Replies

Dale and Cindy

• We're holding piece of glacier from background.
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2350 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Full Body Paint - Graystone
WATER OVERFLOW?
« on: July 14, 2016, 06:09:36 pm »
Hello. . . . it is Dale & Cindy again with another question and hopefully some sage advise.

So we have a 2015 2350 (Sprinter). 

When we camp for several days in one spot, we connect into the city water (on the drivers side of our coach and we turn our Knob to "City").  However, recently when we hooked up to city water, the water overflow on the passenger side of the coach overflows constantly.  DRIP, DRIP, DRIP.  It leaks all the time.  I do not know why this is happening.  This is a recent problem and never happened before when we hooked into city water.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Dale & Cindy Gentry

RKS

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 1/2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2016
Re: WATER OVERFLOW?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:09:47 pm »
We had the same issue with our 2552 right after taking delivery.  I spoke to Kermit and he said they had received a batch of bad inlet valves and sent us a new one right off. As you may have determined its filling the fresh water tank and once full draining out the overflow.  On our 2552 it's a fairly easy replacement through the storage compartment under the driver side bed. As I recall on on our 2350 access to the valve assembly would require taking out the vanity shelves.
Bob and Michele
Previously owned a 2350 Sprinter

Dale and Cindy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 10:34:14 am »
Thanks so much for your response.  What you describe is exactly what is happening.  Hooking to City water on the knob fills the fresh water tank completely full and it keeps filling and never stops.  The overflow drips all the time.

Your help is very much appreciated.  I'll call Kermit on Monday.

RKS

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 1/2016
  • Model: 2552
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:52 pm »
Good luck with the repair, but if I turns out to be something else please let us all know.
Bob
Bob and Michele
Previously owned a 2350 Sprinter

Dale and Cindy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 05:12:59 pm »
Hello RKS

Dale talked to Kermit today and Kermit is sending us a new inlet valve so we can fix our water overflow problem.

The access to install the new inlet valve is to take out the drawers underneath the wardrobe closet on the driver's side of the coach.

I'll let you know what we decide to do.  We are leaving on Friday for 2.5 months, going north.  Our first stop might be Elkhart, Indiana. We may end up visiting the Factory to get this issue fixed before we head out to Canada for 2.5 months.  Dale is not very excited about trying to fix this problem himself, and Kermit said just stop on by and they would help us out.  This is why I love PC!

But we could also visit the Factory when we are wrapping up our trip to Canada and get the issue resolved on our way back to St. Louis!

If we decide not to go to the Factory to fix this issue before our trip, we won't be able to use the "City" hookup for our entire trip.  So I guess we will be using our water pump a whole lot more on this trip.  I'm thinking this won't be too much of a problem.

So many options. . . . . . . .

Regards,

Dale & Cindy Gentry

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 12:12:38 am »
Cindy,

I think the last time we hooked up to city water was about 5 or 6 years ago.  I wonder how well our check valves (or whatever they are) work given it has been so long.  Your post reminds me that I really should hook up at home to test and make sure all is well, just in case we hook up on city water a time or two on our next trip.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Dale and Cindy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 09:10:02 am »
Thanks for the input, Ron, makes me feel better that you never use the "city water" selection and you do just fine without it.  One less hose to get out and put away.   

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 09:25:20 pm »
One less hose to get out and put away.   
We still get the hose out to fill up the fresh tank at the tail end of the dump-station process, though maybe less often than for people who break camp daily.  We tow a vehicle so we break camp most often when moving on to another location.  Not too often do our stays outlast our water supply, requiring us to break camp to dump & replenish and return back to the same primitive site.  Being semi-conservative with water usage, water lasts 3-4 days.....one shower each.  If it's a sweaty or dirty visit, showering more frequently requires water sooner.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

ragoodsp

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: May 5, 2012
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 08:37:29 am »
Dale and Cindy....Sometime post the 2012 model year that new switching system was installed.  I wish I had that set up on my 2012!   The old gravity fill approach is fine but having the ability to fill the storage tank at the turn of a knob is very convenient.  I am sure Kermit is correct in that the bypass valve just must have some "leak by" because of poor design or poor quality?  You might try cutting the water pressure back some to see if that makes a difference?  65-70 pounds is a lot of pressure on a little plastic valve.  Good luck with the installation of your new valve.   Ron G.
Ron Goodspeed

Bruce

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 11:25:35 am »
Ron G.
Our 2014 2552 has the gravity water fill system.  Earl told me that our unit was started in 2013 before the new fill system was available.
Bruce

campergates

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 05/04/2016
  • IntColor: sand
  • ExtColor: sand
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 07:31:22 am »
I'm having water overflowing into the motorhome from under the bathroom cabinet when on city water.  I'm waiting to hear back from Kermit now.  Big flood in bathroom last night after hooking up in cg.  Anyone else had this problem?

ragoodsp

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: May 5, 2012
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 07:53:39 am »
Sure sounds like a loose fitting under there somewhere and the extra PSI from the city water side is causing it to really leak.....
Ron Goodspeed

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 09:49:01 am »
I have a question for you new PC owners with the new method of filling your fresh water tank.

I am curious on how that works.  It appears you have the option of filling your fresh water tank while hooked up to city water.  So do you have two ways of filling your fresh water tank, one via that lever, and two via the key'd gravity-feed door?  Do you have an extra plumbing line direct from that lever to the fresh water tank to fill it?

Ron Dittmer
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TomHanlon

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 11:30:26 am »
Ron you might want to watch the video. Earl explains it.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 05:40:05 pm »
Ron you might want to watch the video. Earl explains it.
Got it Tom...Thanks!  Earl talks about it 28:30 minutes into the video.  That is quite a nice feature.

I know in the past, a few PC owners had trouble with the check valve on either end, not sealing properly.  When on city water, the check valve at the on-board pump would leak, overfilling the fresh water tank.  When using on-board water, the check valve at the city water connection would seep.  I have been fortunate so far not to have either check valve get stuck yet, but figure my luck will eventually run out.

This newer method seems to eliminate that issue along with the additional filling convenience. 2o2
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:49:50 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer