• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: PC 2350 Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 10:10:09 am »
Has anyone determined actual CCC for a 2350/1? Not just the sticker CCC.

My data shared is based on a 2007 E350 chassis which the specs from Ford state 7800 pound max for the rear and 3100-4600 for the front.  Keep in-mind I don't have a slide out and the 2008 and newer E350 has a higher weight rating.

I weighed our 2007 2350 last year during a trip when we carried a pile of extra drinking water.  I was worried about over-loading.  Here was the actual weight during the trip.

When the trip was over, I wondered what our rig weighed empty so I weighed it locally.  I had removed everything not considered "original-ish"  I did not remove the two TVs I had added after we bought the rig, and our 3rd captain seat did replace the original barrel chair.  My redesigned kitchen cabinet 3-drawer system is surely heavier than the original 5, and I had added an accumulator tank & wooden literature organizer, and a few other light weight items like the bathroom towel rack for example.  But I did remove everything not nailed down with exception to the dinette cushions & table, and the mattress....they stayed in for the weighing.  I even removed the 30amp cord, 6-ton jack, tire iron, and the door-stored coffee maker.  I also removed myself.  The spare tire remained mounted as I feel it should for the weigh-in.

Here is our weight empty (full tank of gasoline, 1/4 full of propane, no water of any kind in any container including the hot water & accumulator tanks).

Here is the PC sticker for reference.

If you study the weigh-in numbers, interesting is that with my wife and I sitting in the front seats during the trip weigh-in, the front axle weighs only 100 pounds more than with nobody in the seats when the rig is empty.  That means we carry so much weight rear of the rear axle which takes off weight from the front axle.  That is not good.  No wonder why the factory has since relocated the fresh water tank from the rear bumper as far forward as reasonable, and more centered too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:21:44 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

lmwsrq

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 0CTOBER 2015
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: desert sand
  • ExtColor: desert sand
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 10:07:08 am »
I have always had levelers in my big rigs but did not get for my 2350.  Just spent 13 weeks on the road and had no problems  I used the plastic blocks from camping gear world.  Would not recommend spending the extra money

Dale and Cindy

• We're holding piece of glacier from background.
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2350 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Full Body Paint - Graystone
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 04:54:48 pm »
We have a 2015 PC 2350 (have 33,500 miles on it) and we have never been sorry that we did not order the leveling jacks.  We bought the "Lego" type levelers and have been very happy with this method.  It doesn't take us but a few minutes to level our coach, and more than 50% of the time we are level without the Lego blocks.

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: December 20, 2016
  • Model: 2400 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2012 PC 2400 Sprinter
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Rust
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 12:33:25 pm »
Do you put blocks under both dual rear tires or just outside or inside?   :)(:
Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 01:56:42 pm »
THIAC,

To be honest, when leveling our PC on our Lynx Leveler blocks, I drive up on the outside rear tire only.  The inside tire is suspended in the air.  This is not the official recommended method, but it is what I do.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 01:45:12 pm »
Ron, Aren't you overloading that tire, which then carries 1/2 your rear axle weight. 6760/2=3380lbs
Max allowed is 2680 LBS at 80 PSI

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 04:32:43 pm »
Yes I am keelhauler.  This is why.

Back in 2007 I called Michelin before I decided to prop up under just one of the pair of tires.  They told me that both tires need to be supported.  I then proceeded to ask Michelin how do I park on my street where there is a rain gutter.  The outside tire ends up suspended over the rain gutter.  All the weight ends up on the inside tire.  He said not to worry about it.  I then asked him the difference between my two scenarios.  He said there is no difference, but that is what he is supposed to instruct customers.

So I figure what works fine for one, also works fine for the other.  I am not driving with all that weight on one tire.  It is only a "resting" weight.   Our 9.5 year old Michelin tires have been fine.  No thread or sidewall distortion, nothing.

Yes, our tires are officially too old, yet I have no plan to change them anytime soon.  Keep in mind that our tires are most often indoors, no sun, no heat, no cold, no ice, no rain, pretty much a steady temperature all year long.  We also tend to use our PC on trips under similar temps.  We don't winter camp and don't camp in extreme heat.

Please understand that I am not instructing anyone to do as a do.  I am only sharing what I practice and why.  I would likely support both tires if we had a much heavier PC.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:35:05 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 04:35:03 am »
Unless you have run flat tires you could be putting your life and someone elses at risk. FROM ALL YOUR INPUT HERE I WOULD THINBK A NEW TIRE IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR LIFE INSURANCE.
you appeared to be pretty smart. This does not support that idea as well as I would like. Have seen flats on the road of the beautiful little used tires. How much is your life worth. No offense meant
there is no replacement for you on the forum yet... so we expect you to keep the tires in good shape. PWS
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 11:23:37 am »
Thank you HenryJ for your concern.

Every once in a while the topic of tires come up.  I hesitate to share what I do for the backlash of responses as reflected in my "Helpful Rating".  Again, I am not suggesting anyone else practice the same.  Most especially people with heavier rear axle PCs running 75-80 psi in the tires.  It is one of the "RV sinful" things I practice.  I really shouldn't share it anymore for it may encourage others.  This is the last time you will see me mention it.

No offense taken.  I appreciate your comment.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:45:04 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

ron-n-toni

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 8/3/2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 08:46:04 am »
We had jacks installed during production of our 2016 2351 on a E-450 chassis.  We seem to end up camping in windy places a great deal and my wife doesn't like the wind and doesn't sleep well. I just drop the jacks slightly and all is well. I do find them a great help but costly. What the heck, you only live once.