• PurchDate: 3/26/13
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Maple
  • ExtColor: Sterling
Re: New King Bed for 2552
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 08:38:49 pm »
Ron, What Bob told me at the factory last week when I was in for repairs is that you can have the new end cap without the spare and the origianal end cap with the spair

Jim

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 08:18:21 am »
Ron, What Bob told me at the factory last week when I was in for repairs is that you can have the new end cap without the spare and the origianal end cap with the spair

Jim
Ah!  Good to know the original rear wall system with spare tire is not discontinued.  I suppose we will see some with the spare tire, some without.  Maybe Kermit is "feeling out" the market before making a final decision.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:57:08 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jfcaramagno

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Feb. 16, 2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 06:38:27 pm »
Both gray and black tanks are outside under the floor on all the Ford models. I don't know about the sprinter. Depending on the model, the drivers side tank is the black water or the gray water. It all comes down to where the toilet is. It must be over the black tank for a better drop when flushing.

Of course the grey tank is under the shower. Doh!
John and Carol

TomHanlon

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 06:50:44 am »
I said the toilet must be over the black tank. I did not say any thing about the shower. Maybe you should learn to read better before trying to insult some one.  ;)

KB9OMH

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/26/13
  • IntColor: Maple
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 01:37:02 pm »
Ron, Forgot to say that Ford is not giving the Spare tire with the cutaway, now you have to buy it as an extra

Jim
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:50:55 pm by KB9OMH »

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 01:56:31 pm »
Ron, Forgot to say that Ford is not giving the Spare tire with the cutaway, now you have to but it as an extra

Jim

Hi Jim,

I understood the spare tire has always been an option along with many other things.  I am not familiar with the options list available to RV outfitters.  It would be interesting to see that list.

Keyless Entry (key fobs to lock and unlock the van doors) is one option I wished we had.

I think there is an optional higher-output alternator, something I would have wanted for a little extra power to charge the batteries when idling the Ford V10 engine.....just a little more electrical support when stuck in a multi-hour traffic jamb or snow storm after dark with my chassis lit up and house fired up with a movie and more from the boredom.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:38:37 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jfcaramagno

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Feb. 16, 2015
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Cherry
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 03:48:31 pm »
I said the toilet must be over the black tank. I did not say any thing about the shower. Maybe you should learn to read better before trying to insult some one.  ;)
Huh? Did I insult you by remembering where the grey tank (the subject of my first post) is?
John and Carol

JOHN

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: pickup 10/2016
  • ModelYear: 2016 - 2351 Ford
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Standard Paint
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 06:52:31 pm »

I understood the spare tire has always been an option along with many other things.

At least for my 2016 2351 the spare tire is one of the included Exterior Features that is listed in the brochure and not one of the "Popular Options" that if selected there is a corresponding charge.

Not addressing newer models because of the new back cap.

catsaplenty

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: Full body paint, mostly silver - lower gray. No decals. No swirls
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 07:33:00 pm »
hi all,
i was at Hershey today.  They had a 2017 3100 there along with the 2017 2552 they have a video for.  They had two other models - but I didn't check them out.  Here are the parts I learned about some of the new stuff.  The spare tire was pulled because of the weight on that back corner.  Something to do with the Ford folks.  You can request the spare tire and the old back cap for some of the models.  On the 3100 it can not be done.  The new stove top does have an igniter.  I like the look of the flush counter top on the old one.  Earl says they could do the old range but then you also have to go back to the old sink.  The new sink is 18" wide.  The power bed option - you can choose to only have one of the twin beds as a power bed - so for instance you could keep the driver side bed the same as it has been with the lift up to get to storage.  The TV does swing out to where it is easy to see from the couch.  Kyle said he heard not one rattle from it on the trip over.  The surprise to me - they mentioned more floor space now with the slide - they switched to Swintec (sp?) to move the slide out instead of the old arm system they had.  I did not see the new pantry set up as the 3100 as a slightly thinner pantry - and it can not have the new drawer style pantry.  I did not think to go see if the 2910T or 2350 they have there had the new pantry.  I actually was talking to them about putting adjustable shelves in the pantry instead of a pull out.  Best I can add to the discussions here.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 10:33:38 pm »

I understood the spare tire has always been an option along with many other things.

At least for my 2016 2351 the spare tire is one of the included Exterior Features that is listed in the brochure and not one of the "Popular Options" that if selected there is a corresponding charge.

Not addressing newer models because of the new back cap.
Hi John,

That quote of mine in blue is concerning Ford's option list to the RV manufactures when they order a cut-away chassis from Ford to build their motor home on top of.   I was not referring to the option list Phoenix presents to us it's customers.  There are two different option lists of which you are referencing the "Other" list.  As a general rule, consumers don't specify the options from Ford.  That is Phoenix's decision.

Just trying to clear up any possible confusion.

Maybe we will soon see the spare tire in the back wall stated in the PC pricing list as an option to select.

Ron
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:40:35 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 05:57:42 am »
Wonder if this stove needs matches to start.. I had nice one you push the knob and it starts as you turn it on... finding a match these days takes some doing... although I do have an antique collection in big snifter at home. Patricia

2016 and earlier - need to light stove. We keep long BBQ lighter in drawer. Use for stove, grill and campfires.
2017 has electronic ignition and glass top.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

rollingbnb

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: None
  • ExtColor: United States
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 11:09:44 pm »
I was at the Hershey RV show this week and got to see the new 2552 model in person.  Kyle told me that the lack of spare tire has to do with weight ratios and that there is no spare at all for that model.

The new beds have a power switch that controls them.  You can order that for either side or both.  If you get it on one side, you get one larger bed (approx full size) and one twin, but you can walk through to the bathroom.

I met Kyle, Earl and Earl's wife and had nice chats will all of them.  They are such nice, down to earth people.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 05:18:17 am »
Rollingbnb,

Thanks for that information.  I figure the spare tire was deleted for reasons of weight ratio.  I only wished they kept the spare tire compartment in some fashion, maybe style it differently so it looks like a regular storage compartment where you could mount a spare tire inside, or use to store your zero gravity chairs.  Keep it an ever flexible decision for the owner, even after taking delivery.

Our 2350 weight ratio is worse only to a 2100.  Our older 2007 model has the 41 gallon water tank sitting up against the rear wall over the rear bumper.  Between that and the spare tire, they introduce the slight rear end sag and significant handling issues.  Though our handling issues got addressed via other means, the weight ratio remains poor.  On trips, the weight on our rear axle is near the limit, but the front axle has so much margin.

I wonder how our rig would look and handle without carrying fresh water & spare tire.  That would make for an interesting experiment on a weekend get-away.

As to your other comment,  :)(: to Kyle, Earl, wife, and daughter Aimee who created the PC website and manages this forum.  While I am at it, :)(:  to Kermit and all the rest of the PC family.  :)(:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 05:34:14 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

BandD

• Our unit is available for viewing in Alameda, CA
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: 2011 Nov
  • IntColor: maple
  • ExtColor: white above blue
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 07:20:17 pm »
Regarding bedding for the power-king bed in the new 2552,
we'd have mattress covers on the two mattresses, and throw
our RV Superbag over them after extending them.  With the
separate twins, someone else might need two smaller
Superbags, but we'd almost never use the separate twins anyway.

See http://www.rvsuperbag.com/

We simply love ours, to sleep on the 2350's electric sofa-bed.
The sheets are Velcro'd into both top and bottom, and Diane
made a spare set of sheets so we can wash them.  The two sides
of the bag are different thicknesses: for summer, we put the
thinner one on top.  For winter we'd put the thicker one on top.
We've never needed the thick one, as I recall.

Bill
Bill Cox and Diane Puntenney