• PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
Re: Really?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2017, 03:55:55 pm »
But they are not perfect and one area that could be improved is with custom modifications and requests.  The process is far too casual without enough written paperwork and check points during the process to make sure everything is done the way the customer wanted.

I agree with Jatrax. When I was buying my second PC I had all sorts of changes which I made sketches, showed pictures and wrote detailed instructions. I went to the factory early to trade in my old PC and found they had just started on my new unit, I had no idea. There was no indication that any of these instructions got passed through properly, so I had a second set and put those in my just started unit so everyone would see them as it got built.
It seemed to work as there were no mistakes, a few small jobs that didn't matter when they were done, they waited for me to pickup the new rig so they could double check that it was done right.

They probably should let you give your instructions to Bob (Foreman) and let you go through these so he understands them. I don't think Earl has much input as they are building the unit and has lots of other things to worry about especially when they are getting ready to go to the big winter shows.

catsaplenty

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: Full body paint, mostly silver - lower gray. No decals. No swirls
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 05:33:22 pm »
Thanks Jatrax I wanted to keep most of the coach light so it didn't pick up as much heat but I could not bring myself to do it as all white.

They were supposed to send me a sheet to review and sign.  But they were busy etc.  That was part of my original complaint on this, that the build started way earlier than planned and without having sent me the form to sign.  As you say - the information did not go to the line to be done right.  And from what Bob said when I picked it up - he was not even told that the fixes he had to go back and make actually came from a Phoenix error versus the buyer deciding on changes after it was finished.  There were several places where this could have been avoided or properly fixed.  They do build a good coach.  I would rather have not been the "test" year for so many changes made in 2017 but I want to hit the road while I still am able to.  We will see how it all sorts out. 

At this point I just want to have fun with my RV - can't change how it all went down.  Those still in the purchase process can hopefully use all we say to help make their builds go well.

ragoodsp

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May 5, 2012
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 09:41:55 am »
I am very sorry to hear of your disapointment with your new coach.   I have had two PC's but have never oredered one custom so can not pass judgement.   I would say that with the purchase of my 8 coaches over the years I always "hold back" some of the final dollars due so that if anything should go wrong at least I have some leverage to make right.  All RV manafacturers are at capacity at this time as they cranked out over 435,000 units in 2016, much of the usual QC has gone by the way side as they are leaving alot of the final fixes up to the dealers.   I hate to see PC go the way of the rest of the industry and not maintain their attention to customization and the small details.  Getting everything in writing and going over everything multiple times is the lesson here I am afraid.  Take a breath and enjoy your coach. 
Ron Goodspeed