Hello Guest

I feel out of place because nothing is wrong with my PC!

• 4 Replies

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
I feel out of place because nothing is wrong with my PC!
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »
We just got back from a nearly three week trip to New Mexico and Colorado.  As I read this and other RV forums, I almost feel out of place because nothing has gone wrong with our PC2350!  We will soon have owned it for four years and except for a few minor things like the door switch, adjusting the pitch of the mount of the Sanicom pump, etc. all is well.   We recently had a 2.9 inch rain overnight camping and no leaks.  No wind intrusion.  Nothin'!

I guess we are just lucky but we really enjoy our PC and appreciate its trouble free performance.  Minor things like replacing a few faulty cabinet latches, isolating a couple of pipes so they don't bang against the floor when the pump is running just don't seem significant to me.   

We came home Monday and drove 562 miles in one day pulling a Jeep Trailhawk, including over a 10,000 foot pass.  No problems except I was one tired old goat when we pulled into our driveway, but I didn't want to stop and spend the night in the heat we were experiencing.  We got up Monday morning in the mountains and it was 37 degrees.   As we crossed the Texas Panhandle, it was 104.  The wind was blowing constantly for over 400 miles with gusts above 30 mph hitting us broadside.   No problems.  We have added absolutely nothing to enhance handling, just plain old Ford stuff from the factory with the alignment set slightly higher than midrange. 

I feel really blessed as I write this.  It seems so many report so many problems and some are severe, like the ultraleather peeling problem.   Man, I feel lucky.   I must say though, I do appreciate the fact this is a house going down the road and it is a truck not a Lexus.

Paul 

Janey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 8/19/14
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • ExtColor: Cafe
Re: I feel out of place because nothing is wrong with my PC!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:36:27 pm »
It's your attitude!  We're the same way. We have items, but they're no big deal.  We're so happy with our pc.  The support of the company makes things so easy.  We've owned other brands and had some rather negative experiences.   

Janey. (Restless in Michigan)
Suzanna Jane (aka Janey) and Sid Shazly

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 08:16:53 pm »
Owning our PC ten years coming this June 26th has yielded plenty of problems.....self-inflicted ones roflol being our first real motor home.  Fortunately they have been very minor.  I cannot recall a problem related to Phoenix quality or workmanship.  If you categorize the microwave oven coming loose on a regular basis (the permanent solution implemented by me), or reinforcing the window shade string pegs, then I could say otherwise.  Considering the stories I read from other people owning other brands of motor homes, I feel blessed to have stumbled onto Phoenix at the 2007 RV show in Rosemont, IL, and then stumbled onto and ordered our PC through Don Keller of East Acres RV in Mendon, MA.

It really helps to keep our PC garage kept.  My wife Irene would say the trouble with our PC is that it is garage kept too much, and I agree with her.  Life has been so very busy for both of us.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 06:16:40 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

JackD

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 2017 (latest)
  • Model: 2350 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 07:49:28 am »
I have to chime in --- this is why I'm back & waiting for my 5th PC!!! We're still keeping the 5th wheel (actually few problems with that, and excellent response from the factory -- awful dealer network) for different reasons, but will "cruise" with the Phoenix. Oh. and the first question I asked Earl was whether Carol & Bob were still with the company!

Jack

Dynadave

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/2017
  • Model: 2350 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sand
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 04:47:28 pm »
We also just finished a 4100 mile trip from Florida to northern Michigan, traveling west, then north  thru much of the Rocky Mountains and then east to Michigan. We also had a toad, our stock  Phoenix performed beautifully with no problems. We have owned quite a few rv's and are very happy with the Phoenix, it is one of the better built units .
2014 Sprinter 2350