• PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
Welcome to Elkhart
« on: July 22, 2017, 02:07:52 pm »
We arrived in a rain storm ride on the rough roads (31) and lost front driver side wheel cover en route. Hope we can get a new one on Monday with the list of things that should have attention. Have had AC hiccups with both units... Back one  was giving out warmer non cooled air... Front goes on then off then right back on again.  Annoying since it does not seem to be working right. Then the trim on bathroom door by hinge side for 3 feet keeps coming off the frame. No nails or glue... Same thing happening over the bed at the back of the overhead cabinet the same narrow trim no glue so coming apart from the  cabinet.
We had a heavy downpour near midnight and it came into the RV by way of the dinette slide once more. And soaked the floor and the rug at the entry way. I mopped it all up put the wet rug in shower and pulled in the dinette. Had this same problem when we took delivery near a year ago at same Elkhart campground today I have concentrated on leveling to endure the weekend and hope for no more water intrusion.
Want to see if I can get a drawer of some kind for the cutting board that I will never use. Bad location and no way on earth to clean....Need anothr shelf for medicine cabinet now to see if available or if I have to be handy. And the bright work outside is deteriorating (chrome) so not sure how that can be handled. the expert opinion of the paint job is not what it should be. the macerator is a blessing. When you learn the program and learn how to wash out your holding tanks you can be a good clean sewer operator.
Still need the radio available when no engine running. Not an option yet. On my list. No aux on ignition mearns no alt switch to turn on radio and we pay a good penny for all our Sirius accounts. Want my radio. On this trip we were in KY and no tv no way would have love to have Sirius... NOT avail with this set up.
And have not properly learned the dvd player operation did bring some along. just in case.
Well we are here in place... Be at the shop early on Monday checking in. Dog, Mr and Me
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 02:11:32 pm by HenryJ »
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.

ron-n-toni

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 8/3/2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: toast
Re: Welcome to Elkhart
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 02:37:05 pm »
When I ordered our 2552X three months ago, I asked Earl if they could  "hot wire" the dash radio and said they now offer a switch that will run the dash radio on the coach batteries, so ordered it. I hot wired our 2351 myself. Will see what I get on our August 2nd delivery.

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:34:05 pm »
Water intrusion is frightening and seems to be more common than ever for PC. Hope they solve it. 

What issue you having with the paint? PC in my opinion is one of the nicer looking units around.

Ron

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 05:19:03 pm »
Want to see if I can get a drawer of some kind for the cutting board that I will never use. Bad location and no way on earth to clean....Need another shelf for medicine cabinet now to see if available or if I have to be handy.
About your cutting board.  I forget who it was that came up with an idea.  Graygal comes to mind but maybe it was someone else.  I followed along and bought the same thing from Bed Bath & Beyond.  It s a utensil tray made of metal mesh and wire frame.  After I installed it, I decided the extra storage was not enough and rebuilt the cabinet as detailed HERE.  But I want to emphasis that the wire mesh tray is quite a nice functional alternative for people who never use the cutting board.

I am selling my cutting board and wire mesh tray HERE.  Send me a PM if interested.

As far as a medicine cabinet shelf, we too had some issues to address which I resolved by making this.  It is nice having holes for our toothbrushes, and the walled-in shelf for toothpaste, pump soap and pump hand lotion.  We also hang our wash cloths & hand towels on the gold hooks.  If you like it, maybe Phoenix can make one for you.  I used the old PC kitchen base cabinet door for my material which is why it has that horizontal top edging.  The left-most hook I really didn't think was neccessary but it utilizes the hole left from the door knob.  I started out using the other section of the door without the hole but the design didn't work, so I started over with the side with the hole.....so we got an extra hook.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 05:30:44 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:16 pm »
While the cutting board sounds like a great idea, in practice it never gets used.  At least not as a cutting board.  Carrie has designated it the Instant-Pot / Toaster shelf and just uses it as extra counter space.  For that it actually works fairly well.  As a cutting board?  Not so much :)

We had them add an extra shelf in the medicine cabinet because when I looked in it looked like a lot of empty space.  With the extra shelf it is working out well.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:54:24 am »
While the cutting board sounds like a great idea, in practice it never gets used.  At least not as a cutting board.  Carrie has designated it the Instant-Pot / Toaster shelf and just uses it as extra counter space.  For that it actually works fairly well.  As a cutting board?  Not so much :)
The cutting board is a nice compliment like Carrie dedicates for hot items.  We tried to designate it for that purpose like she does, but because it was behind that door, Irene just never got into the groove.  One thing we experienced using it with our no-slide PC, when the cutting board was pulled all the way out, it kind-of cut us off from the back of our PC, cutting in a different way. :)  So when Gradygal (or whoever it was) came up with the utensil drawer, I quickly followed along.  It was an easy affordable repurposing of that space.  But we were still inconvenienced with drawers behind the door along with the entire galley cabinet of drawers not meeting our needs well enough.

BTW:  Here is the modification as shared by Gradygal.

Patricia,

Let us know how it all goes for you there at Phoenix.  We hope your issues-list gets well cleaned off.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:03:18 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 06:59:54 pm »
we are at the Good Bye heading for home tomorrow. Did get rid of the cutting board. New never used and no way on earth to clean if you did...Had some re-glue done on the edge trim on bathroom doorway by hinges... And at the back of the over the bed cabinets. Came out great. got the AC prob solved. Had a visit with Kermit as we prepared to leave. The guys did a great job. Met the new Mr Cooper, we felt the glitches one on slide were handled well. We find our visit was well worth it for peace of mind. We travelled 1174 miles to get here and stayed at the Elkhart Campground, nice folks there and it looks great. Did NO overnights at the plant. I want level, 50 amp and  cable if possible. Jim wanted a new elec cord so he got it today. Wants list shortened way down now. So off we go ... The new wiring on the GPS Camera Sirius radio solved that problem now we have use on the road or not and are so pleased. It is the set up now used in the new units.  See you on the road. Happy travels. Patricia and. Jim and Miss Elle
P S. Prior to arrival by appt with Kermit. Jim had replaced the water pump & the 4 way valve . Prior to that we noticed something hanging down outside from the dinette slide & it turned out to be wiring related to the slide room operations auger. Jim figured it out and reconnected things to function ok. We had a problem with dinette upholstery and paid to have it redone with new material. On this trip we did add a new shelf to med cabinet & add a corner shelf in bedroom for phone, water & hanky. We missed a water leak in toilet and have since we got home replaced the toilet. Now we hope for pain free travels.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:25:55 am by HenryJ »
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.