• PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: Full body paint, mostly silver - lower gray. No decals. No swirls
"Gold carbon fiber dash"
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:46:42 am »
Just curious if others have had problems with the stick on pattern they added to the dash area.  Not only are the edges pulled up but there are bubbles in various places across the face of the pattern that have formed.  Just picked it up in March and the temperatures inside the RV are always in a range the animals and I like.

I know - take it to Kermit.  I have emails out to Kermit trying to get a commitment to see me and my list of other warranty items they need to address.  Since this applique is not a new item for them I would have expected it to just sit there and stay stuck for years. 

I have also been trying to get an answer about the warranty card for my Diamond shield - was not signed and magically it says the diamond shield was applied more than a month before the RV even came off the line and went to the paint shop.  Weeks without Kyle, Kermit or Earl getting me an answer and a signed card to be submitted to register the warranty.  I do love the layout of the PC.  I do believe the underlying quality is better than others I looked at, but the frustration level with the issues (and how a simple known issue with the line work caused me to be without its use while, like of of you have noted, you wait for an appointment even locally to fix something)  and more the lack of response is really damaging to the overall satisfaction.  Not sorry I went with Phoenix from the standpoint of the RV being the style I wanted.  Wish it had been as great an experience as I used to read about on the forum before my purchase.

Carol

• View Profile
    • Aging on Wheels
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
  • ExtColor: Sterling simplified
Re: "Gold carbon fiber dash"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 01:52:44 pm »
Hello Catsaplenty,
I can't remember how long into my travels it was but that stuff started peeling and discoloring for me, too.  Somewhere around year 2 I asked about it when at the factory for some work.  Bobby took the entire thing out and put a new one in.  No charge.  This one seems to be holding up well.  Definitely worth putting on your warranty-visit list.

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 02:01:02 pm »
As far as I know the carbon fiber dash is a Ford product.  Comes in the truck when they buy it.  So you should likely take any issues with that to your local Ford dealer.  Also, as far as I can tell it is a solid molded piece of plastic with the carbon fiber embedded in a resin coat, not a stick on.  At least mine is.  And mine has some small bubbles as well, that is part of the fiber/resin molding process.  If the bubbles were there and are not changing I do not think there is a problem.  If they are growing then perhaps the dash is delaminating?  If so, then go to local Ford dealer that would be part of the Ford warranty, not the Phoenix warranty.  Maybe you have something different than I do of course.

Not sure why the diamond shield warranty is an issue.  Just keep copies of the card and your dated Phoenix invoice.   If it means anything there is no signature on my warranty card either.  Just the installer number and the VIN of my rig.  I added my name and info and registered it online as they requested.  Here is the link I used: http://nano-fusionppf.com/care-and-warranty Again maybe you have something different than I do but that is how I handled mine.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 03:35:52 pm »
As far as I know the carbon fiber dash is a Ford product.  Comes in the truck when they buy it.  So you should likely take any issues with that to your local Ford dealer.  Also, as far as I can tell it is a solid molded piece of plastic with the carbon fiber embedded in a resin coat, not a stick on.  At least mine is.  And mine has some small bubbles as well, that is part of the fiber/resin molding process.  If the bubbles were there and are not changing I do not think there is a problem.  If they are growing then perhaps the dash is delaminating?  If so, then go to local Ford dealer that would be part of the Ford warranty, not the Phoenix warranty.  Maybe you have something different than I do of course.
Hi jatrax,

The wood grain and carbon fiber dash boards are NOT a Ford-supplied feature.  They are aftermarket components supplied by a 3rd party to Phoenix and other outfitters.  They are offered in Phoenix's Premium Convenience Package.

This is an old picture of the previous dashboard design, but you can clearly see the generic plastic dashboard in the early stages of the construction process.  Also notice the radio is installed by Phoenix.  It is supplied by Ford in a goodie bag along with two different length antennas.  Phoenix installs the longer one.  Conventional class-Cs with the overhead bed get the shorter one to clear that bed.  Also interesting is the center cup holder.  Phoeinx has to send them out to that 3rd party supplier to have the wood grain imprinted on it.  It is not something they stick over the cup holder.  That is unless things have changed in recent years.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:44:34 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TomHanlon

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 04:42:01 pm »
I agree with Ron, Phoenix installed mine. On my first PC it came with wood grain. The second PC was to get the carbon fiber, but I asked and got wood grain installed.

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 07:15:48 pm »
I stand corrected on that.  Thanks for clarifying

catsaplenty

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: Full body paint, mostly silver - lower gray. No decals. No swirls
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 07:51:19 pm »
Thanks - it is on my list whenever I get a date from them.  Of course I already installed the Pro clip for my Garmin so I will have to get it out and then install again after they fix the dash.

Thanks Jatrax on the Diamond shield.  Not sure about the date issue and whether the lot numbers are right or if there was paperwork confusion somewhere that crossed up two of the PCs and the information.