Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has there been any A/C improvements  (Read 1515 times)
Joseph

Helpful Rating: 58
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 3/7/2015
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan/Cherry
ExtColor: Gray / White
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 06:27:39 pm »

It just occurred to me that Im making assumptions on my Ac. Does anyone know what size ac units pc installed on the 2551 and 2552 back in 2011? I just found where dometic made (maybe still does) an 11,000 btu penguin.  Im betting they never used on that small but it does make me curious.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:33:25 pm by Joseph » Logged
Joseph

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 07:27:57 pm »

I just checked out advanced rvs ac sound testing for ac units. Great video and their videos show they found a much quieter ac unit. However they dont tell you which it is and I cant make it out from the video. At one point they mention bringing in a new unit from off shore. Their videos are quite interesting
Joseph

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 12:00:14 pm »

Advanced rv in their testing found a company whos ac unit is five time quieter than the next best now sold in the U.S.  on the high setting thats 15 decibels less!

They havent announced the name of the company or when they will start importing but I think I narrowed it down to who and why. Its an Australian company and though you can buy it on line they are sold as 220 volt. The conversions will be imported.

Check out the video titled new ac testing with Todd on their web site. The difference is nothing short of amazing.
dickreid1

Helpful Rating: 71
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb. 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2012
________

All 48 States, boarder Provinces and Maritimes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 02:01:18 pm »

Our 2910D is 50 amp with two A/C units. This is ok for most places. For extreme heat let me add some practical things to consider.

The major heat source has been the front window.  The other source is the metal door.

My minimalist solution has been two space blankets and magnets. The whole shebang stores in a sandwich bag.  We deploy the reflectorized material on the outside of the windshield and secure it with the magnets and/or the windshield bra.

Same for the door only on the inside.  Use more magnets because the trapped hot air really balloons the space blanket.

For storage here in the South Florida sun, my really serious solution is to cut Reflectix panels to fit all the windows.  Some of these panels now travel with us on trips.
Joseph

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 03:23:03 pm »

Dick, living in the low desert I know heat and much of the time, certainly not all, my current unit will keep us comfortable. That being said its thats in temp only, The noise level is horrid. Which that video shows in their own high end units. The difference in the new units being 15 dB less they point out is showing that the current ac unit they have offered is 5 times louder on the high setting compared to this other companies offering. It also put out cooler temps at a lower power use as youll see in the other video. Its impressive and Ill bet more expensive than what we can currently buy here. Im ok with that, Im willing to pay more to not have to put up with the roar. I hate the roar of the ac unit on high. That and the rattle every time it kicks the compressor in and out. New models Im sure are better but what this company found is so much better in the noise level of what they or anyone else had to offer previously here in the states.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:00:56 pm by Joseph » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: