• PurchDate: December 20, 2016
  • Model: 2400 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2012 PC 2400 Sprinter
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Rust
Questions about the 2910-asking for a friend again
« on: November 13, 2017, 06:22:34 pm »
Well, my friends still haven't been given access to the forum.  :'(  The 2552 they went to see was gone when they got to the dealer; so they are still looking. . .possibly expanding their choices.  Her questions about the 2910:

The 2900 is a short queen in a slide... but I can't find anything about the retracting process or what it looks like when the bed slides in.  Can one leave the bedding on, as I assume it folds rather than stays flat (from the look of the floor plan)?  Part of the problem is (a) getting OUT of the bed at night (more than once, mind you!) - is there room to just plant your feet on the floor and get up, or does one need to slide down toward the end of the bed? and (b) if the bed folds, it is now like a sleeper sofa and very uncomfortable at the fold - or can one put a foam mattress topper on it?  

Inquiring minds want to know. . . :)(:
Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"

jas

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 5 20 14
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
Re: Questions about the 2910-asking for a friend again
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:27:31 pm »
Yes you can leave the bedding on . Also there is room to get out of the bed.
I have the 2910 T and liked it very much. Things has changed so I have listed it on ebay. I had it just right with up grades. But life changes.  jas

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:27:01 am »
WE have the 2910T and picked it up in July 2016 . THe bed remains flat when you put the slide in. Your made up bed remains like it always was with coverlet in place. Nothing folds up . To get out depends on which side of bed is YOURS. If you are near the back window you get narrow floor space and feet down is easy... If you get the side nearer the toilet you slide down and hop off. That is my side...Having small sofa (where dog sleeps) and dinette makes it comfortable and with those slides out it. Is not cramped .
there are some advantages to having the smaller (than old class A) which means the travel restrictions are fewer and the height for bridges etc is 10 ft or so.  We did get vent hatch covers Maxx Air since the plastic hatch covers are not suitable for aging in the sun. they will deteriorate and dry out and break or even get powdery. In a past life Mr & I made hatches for boats and other parts designed by Mr. And things do change and we travel on wheels now. Hope this answers  your question a bit.
PS. The conversation has drifted to a new subject... It took ages for me to get on the forum. I applied twice and was surprised when it came through. It serves a purpose for me and  I will continue  . It is a great source for solving all things Phoenix Cruiser ... And a great assist. Patricia in Florida who once owned a Henry J
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:21:19 pm by HenryJ »
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.

PC

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 2017
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »
Sorry your friends missed the opportunity to view the 2552 - but actually - they dodged the bullet. I was relieved to hear they were seasoned RV'ers because they would have looked at it with educated eyes. If they get up to this area again, we would be happy to show them our 2551. We are only a few miles away from the dealer they visited.

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 07:00:20 pm »
Pc, what bullet did they dodge?

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 09:17:05 am »
Pc, what bullet did they dodge?

PC was working with me to relay messages to my friends (who I think STILL don't have access to the forum).  PC sent me a PM which, in part said, "The Phoenix Cruiser you missed had the muffler and the entire undercarriage painted black, the Diamond Shield had been removed from both of the passenger doors and their were long 'welts' almost the width of the doors at about the height of where the Diamond Shield should be. When you opened the drivers door - you could see into the engine compartment - we questioned an accident and or flooding... It had been listed on Craigslist in Mesa since the beginning of the year."    :)(:
Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 09:35:20 am »
If that PC had a clean title, priced way Way WAY low, and the new buyer was was real handy, that might have been a good relationship.  But it sounds like something for most of us to stay away from.

As far as things underneath being painted black, that was likely done to mask something.  On the other hand, I read here on occasion of people having their PC undercarriage under-coated.  I personally think it's a bad idea, but each to their own.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 10:44:22 am »

PC was working with me to relay messages to my friends (who I think STILL don't have access to the forum).  PC sent me a PM which, in part said, "The Phoenix Cruiser you missed had the muffler and the entire undercarriage painted black, the Diamond Shield had been removed from both of the passenger doors and their were long 'welts' almost the width of the doors at about the height of where the Diamond Shield should be. When you opened the drivers door - you could see into the engine compartment - we questioned an accident and or flooding... It had been listed on Craigslist in Mesa since the beginning of the year."    :)(:

Yay!! Mi amigos finally got on the forum  heartshower. . .welcome Patricia!!   :)(:

The McDucks

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/2017
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 01:07:17 pm »
It took us a long time to get approved for the forum, too.  I asked Kyle about it, and he said the software powering this form can accommodate only so many members and has long been max'd out.  The only way to add a new member is to find an old, inactive member and kick them off.
This is just part of the fun of dealing with a small outfit like Phoenix.  I'd rather have the personal service we get than the formalized efficiency (or, sometimes, the formalized inefficiency) of a big company.

John

TomHanlon

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 05:13:45 pm »
Finding members that do not post is easy. Just go to the members tab at the top. Then sort by post, twice. The first page is all members that have zero post. Their join date is right there also. Some one just needs to clean off old unused members.

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 09:00:56 am »
Patricia emailed me after seeing my post just above this one.  She said in part,

". . .I guess I was a bit too subtle in my (email) below when I wrote, "when I was working with Aimee to get me onto the PC forum."  I am on the forum ("Patricia")... after Aimee had go through quite a few workarounds.  Apparently, the combination of "Patricia" and my email address caused the system to consider me as spam (cue Monty Python music!)."  

So, all's swell that ends swell  2o2  :lol       :)(:

Michelle Dungan

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 04:03:56 pm »
If there's a capacity issue with this forum I'll move on in a few days and make way for people actually owning or seriously considering a PC.  

As I've stated several times earlier, upon seeing a PC at a nearby dealer we realized that the long, low rear overhang made these unsuitable for our desire to continue to travel beyond the usual campgrounds and instead be able to get to some of the same places we go with the Jeep and the tent.  That leaves us with the Provan Tiger (a good rig save some with bad frame extension welds and typical RV quality electrical), Hallmark slide-in popup camper (no quality problems and one's pickup isn't, of course, beset with RV manufacturer poor quality mods, but access to rear door of any camper is compromised if towing a Jeep), A-Liner or Chalet hard-sided popup a-frame trailers the Jeep could tow, and a few other choices.

We'll see what comes up after retirement and a (we hope) hike of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT).  It's been a pleasure getting the feeling I almost know some of you and for the insightful knowledge and info transmitted, so I may return to "lurker" status on this forum when not on TigerOwners.FreeForums.org under name of "michelle_east_county".  Happy travels.  
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:08:43 pm by Michelle Dungan »

Gail Staton

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2017, 06:09:13 am »
I too, will remove myself from this forum to make room for new PC owners or wannabees.   We owned a PC for a short time and realized we wanted to go back to our first love,  a class B.   We couldn't be happier now and are in our glory again.  Sorry I didn't realize the forum was overcrowded sooner.   Wishing all of you safe travels.

The McDucks

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/2017
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 03:10:22 pm »
Gosh, I didn't mean that anyone now posting should leave the forum.  There are dozens and dozens of members on the roles who signed up years ago and have never posted, not even once.  Stick around and give us all the benefit of your experience and opinions.
John

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »
Patricia emailed me after seeing my post just above this one.  She said in part,

". . .I guess I was a bit too subtle in my (email) below when I wrote, "when I was working with Aimee to get me onto the PC forum."  I am on the forum ("Patricia")... after Aimee had go through quite a few workarounds. Apparently, the combination of "Patricia" and my email address caused the system to consider me as spam (cue Monty Python music!)."

So, all's swell that ends swell  2o2  :lol       :)(:

Please reread the email from Patricia explaining why she had difficulty getting onto the forum.  It had nothing to do with "overcrowding".  :)(: