• PurchDate: May 14, 2018
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
2018 owners here?
« on: December 23, 2017, 03:20:59 pm »
Iíve been looking and donít see many members here who own a 2018 PC.  I have used the search feature and maybe I need to use a more sophisticated search string.  I would really like to touch base with any 2018 owners to check on their experiences with delivery and impressions of their rigs so far. Thanks in advance!

Madonna

jwg1199

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: July 2017
  • IntColor: Desert Tan
  • ExtColor: Desert Tan
Re: 2018 owners here?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:41:38 pm »
Hi Madonna, we picked up our 2018 PC 2552 the end of October. PC calls it a 2018 but the Ford Chassis is a 2017. We are happy with the coach although we only stayed in it for 8 days 4 of which were in Elkhart testing the coach and 4 days driving back to California. We downsized from a 42ft pusher so my wife says it will be an adjustment. Although after the drive home she seems to be happy with the decision. We leave Jan 2 for a 6 to 8 month trip which will be the true test.

We did have some minor issues which were fixed at the factory no problem. I feel they need  to work on their pre delivery inspection as they could have or should have caught our issues. These included a ding in the paint on the door frame, scratch on slide out frame inside, flush valve leak and Safe T Steer which was out of adjustment. In the big scheme of things these were not a big deal but someone should be assigned to go over the coach and maybe catch these things before the buyer does.

I do highly recommend PC as for the quality, cost and willingness to do custom requests. You will not find anyone else to do what they do. We looked. Hope that helps

mhoecker

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: May 14, 2018
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 07:54:48 pm »
Thank you for you input.  Did you stay the night at the factory or go to a local campground.?How long did it take them to resolve your issues?  Any resistance to customization requests?  Finally, is there anything you would have done differently?  Thanks for your time!

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • ModelYear: 2017
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 08:05:13 pm »
Hi Madonna,
A search for 2018 shows a couple I think have the 2018 model.  But remember Phoenix only turns out about 100 coaches per year.  So there may not be too many 2018's out there yet, and not everyone joins the forum either.

I have a 2017 model, picked up in March 2017.  I would be glad to help if I can but cannot answer anything about the 2018 model.

jwg1199

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: July 2017
  • IntColor: Desert Tan
  • ExtColor: Desert Tan
Re: 2018 owners here?solor
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 08:26:30 pm »
Hi again Madonna, we stayed at Elkhart campground highly recommend. It rained steady for the first two days so not much testing of outside things of the coach. However we had no leaks so it worked out lol. The ding in paint had to be taken back to the paint shop so that took a few hours. The other issues took maybe ten minutes plus a test drive. After owning a big pusher (used) we had LOTS of issues with it so we were not that upset with these minor issues.

Things I'd change.  Shelves over the beds for phones, Ipads. We did put ac/dc plugs. A dedicated  solar monitor like Bogart 2030. I'd see if they could put a double recliner instead of the pullout bed/recliner its a pain to pullout and use as a recliner. We will never need an extra bed.

Make sure to put all the custom work in writing with very specifics on what, where you want changes. Then there are not misunderstandings. Ours were minor and worked out but not as I envisioned.

Merry Christmas!

John

No

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: None
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 09:11:58 am »
Madonna,

We have a 2552 on order so I can report on the delivery in about 6-7 weeks if all goes well! This forum has been very helpful in deciding what options/additions to include. As John mentioned, all the specifics are on the build sheet that Earl sent and I signed. We plan on spending the first night at the factory to turn every switch on and off, run every system including the gray & black water tanks while still pristine, open every drawer and door, climb on the roof and crawl underneath. I plan on taking a tool kit to include flashlight, inspection mirror, tire pressure gauge, multi-meter, thermometer, and of course a bottle of champaigne!

Steve

Free2RV

• Gary and Susie
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: P.U. 6/11/18
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Nightscape (Cherry)
  • ExtColor: Graystone (FBP)
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 09:48:58 am »
Did you stay the night at the factory or go to a local campground.?
The Elkhart Campground is only a few miles from Phoenix. It's nice and has plenty of sites.
http://elkhartcampground.com
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 12:04:40 pm by Free2RV »

TomHanlon

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 10:29:40 am »
The water at the factory used to be really bad. So bad that back in 2011 they would not put it in any of the new campers. I went into the bathroom and saw the rust in the sinks. I was glad they did not put that water in my tank.

Elkhart campground is just a few miles away and is nice but close to the interstate. Just a few miles farther (about 20 minute drive from the factory) is Shipshewana south. We liked it better than Elkhart. It is very near the armish restaurants and shopping. If it were me again, I would go to a full hookup camp site and test everything including dumping. On the last PC I skipped this due to the weather and drove all the way down to Indianapolis to camp the first night. I forgot to check the jacks at the factory only to find out they missed installing them. The work sheet was folded in half and they were in the fold. I had to drive back to the factory the next morning. They had me go directly to the HWH installer before going to the factory. They covered my gas and lunch. Very nice of them.

No

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 02:59:33 pm »
The water at the factory used to be really bad. So bad that back in 2011

I hope it has improved in 6 years! but good to know. A campground would be preferred over the PC parking lot but I would assume most are going to be closed in February.

Steve

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • ModelYear: 2017
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 03:36:00 pm »
Water was still rusty when we were there last year.  But one tank is not going to make much of a difference.  Just fill with good water at your next stop.  We have very rusty water here at home as well and I avoid using it in the RV when possible but I don't hesitate to use if I have to.  Just flush through with good water when I can.

swiftboot

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 10-31-16
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2351----2015
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 08:22:53 pm »
Just use a good filter if filling at factory.  I have rusty well water at my home and have an excellent filter at pump, but still use an additional in-line filter when filling the cruiser tank.  Being a Florida boy, it hard for me to visualize taking delivery in February in Indiana ie. Testing the a/c would be brutal. ;)

Larry

Denny & Barb

• Medicine Bow, Wy.
    • View Profile
    • Weather at my home
  • PurchDate: 4-08-2012
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 09:18:32 pm »
When we picked up our 2012, same issues.  No Final Inspection.   So same problem as what we had. Most major was "Check Engine Light" on the motor. Other issues, we took care of ourselves later.
Your Word our Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 07:42:14 am »
I wondered about February campgrounds and checked a few we used there (KOA & Eby's Pines - both closed until April) then checked the Indiana map on allstays.com. The RV Museum was listed and had this list http://rvmhhalloffame.org/templates/overnightcamping.cfm - it could be worth checking out.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

No

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 09:17:01 am »
Thanks John! I will check the list for availability as we get closer to a delivery date.

Joseph

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 07:39:27 pm »
Jag, 42ft to 28. What a change. I’d have no
desire for a 42footer but I do like those around 32/34 foot.

I’m betting you miss the ride of that 42footer and the quiet of the pusher diesel as well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:41:37 pm by Joseph »