• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: 2018 owners here?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 09:42:52 pm »
Sheeesh, we could only wish the rv industry had even one person focused on quality. This isnít new to PC either. Ron lost his Macerator pump to a screw in the system. In the aircraft industry thatís called FOD. Every screw has to be accounted for, every tool along the way.
 I am not stepping into this most recent debate.  I only need to clear the air on Joseph's statement with regard to the bolt lodged in my macerator grinder blades, as detailed HERE.

One of the four brass bolts that held the macerator motor/pump/grinder assembly together had corroded during 8 years of waste exposure that it broke, then jammed the pump.  I cannot in good conscience call that a lack of good quality on the macerator manufacture Sani-Con, and surely does not reflect Phoenix quality.  I thought it was a dang good macerator lasting 8 years.  Macerator pumps are exposed to really bad stuff and work very hard.  I never considered it as reliable of an appliance like the fridge or hot water tank.  More like tires than appliances.

Joseph, I hope you receive my point kindly.....now back to the debate over Phoenix quality.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:14:54 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 10:11:44 pm »
My mistake Ron. I misunderstood , I thought it was a random screw. I stand corrected.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 10:13:23 pm »
My mistake Ron. I misunderstood , I thought it was a random screw. I stand corrected.
:)
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jfcaramagno

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Feb. 16, 2015
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:05 pm »
I'm still don't understand how most of the workmanship on the RV can be so good, and on that same RV there are many examples of very poor workmanship; and no one caught it and corrected it!
When I was a motorcyclist, we blamed poor design, engineering and assembly on summer interns.  :-D
John and Carol

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 11:12:30 am »
Jatrax, I already do take mine elsewhere. As someone else pointed out buy used. One, I let someone else lose all that money on depreciation. Two, they have had all the bugs in the coach worked out.

I can afford new, I just refuse to throw my money away.

How easy it would be to increase the quality control. One person assigned to go thru every feature on the RV. Items like the water pump not being screwed down would be caught and the installer of said pump knowing future SOS oversights would result in days off

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 11:39:25 am »
How easy it would be to increase the quality control. One person assigned to go thru every feature on the RV.
Yes, I agree completely.  However, even that will not catch everything.  Some things can not be tested until they are in use.  Some things will test fine until you bounce them down the road at 65 mph.

You point about used is well taken, if I sold my coach now (1 year after delivery) I would be able to stand behind everything in the coach because I have lived with it and fixed all the little nagging things that showed up.  On most RV forums "buy used" is the standard advice for newbies.