• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Re: Changes to Online Pricing
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 02:17:17 pm »
I sure hope PC doesn't sell through dealers, the final cost to buyers will go up. Most RV dealers are not good to work with. RV dealer sales people know very little about RVs. Earl knows his product very well, he's not just a salesman, he's part of the company. When buying factory direct, the on line pricing is essential.

Lynn

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 02:25:59 pm »
I agree about the dealers, I spent enough time on dealer lots to learn that I would rather deal with Phoenix.

I do wonder if Phoenix might consider a store, shop or office on the west coast though.  Sure would make it a shorter drive for a lot of us.  I am considering a trip to the factory to get the new slide seals installed but almost 3,000 miles one way is a big trip.

Maybe a sales office / showroom with a repair shop?  I wonder if that would be profitable.

GHS

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 04/2017
  • Model: 2910
  • IntColor: Greystone/Nightscape
  • ExtColor: United States
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 05:25:37 pm »
I sure hope PC doesn't sell through dealers, the final cost to buyers will go up. Most RV dealers are not good to work with. RV dealer sales people know very little about RVs. Earl knows his product very well, he's not just a salesman, he's part of the company. When buying factory direct, the on line pricing is essential.

Lynn

Very much agree. Earl and Kyle were very easy to deal with. Need to add Carol in there too. I had a problem where for whatever reason the rear 2x2 window shattered after a couple of months. Found it one weekend when I went out to get ready for a short trip. Called her up and had a new replacement in a week. Super!

George S.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 05:43:49 pm »
I had a problem where for whatever reason the rear 2x2 window shattered after a couple of months. Found it one weekend when I went out to get ready for a short trip. George S.
I recall someone with a 2350 Sprinter had their rear window shatter twice while towing their Jeep Wrangler with aggressive knobby tires.  Front fenders on Wranglers don't cover enough of the front of their front tires.  Rocks get lodged in between the knobby tire treads, then get ejected forward toward the back of the PC breaking the window.  It's rare, but it happens.  Fortunately they have thermal windows and the inner pane remained okay in both incidents, so they still had a window for the remainder of the trip.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:45:44 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

GHS

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 04/2017
  • Model: 2910
  • IntColor: Greystone/Nightscape
  • ExtColor: United States
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 05:22:49 am »
Yes, I can understand where tires from a toad picking up gravel could be an issue. My trailer toad is equipped with fenders anyway. In my case I have a hard stand to the right of my lower garage where I have power, water and sewer connections when parked at the house. It had been parked since using it the prior weekend and I was checking tire pressure and when I walked around the rear I saw pieces of glass on the ground, looked up and saw the rear window in a thousand pieces and most still hanging by the film. Couldn't see a firm reason for the window breaking other than maybe it wasn't tightened the same amount all around or possibly it wasn't centered in the opening causing a bind from one side. Many decades ago when I built houses I hung many a window and door and proper clearance and shimming was necessary to prevent problems as settling occured. Don't know for sure if the same rules apply to a RV. Anyway when I installed the replacement I made sure it only contacted the rough-in on top with the 2 pads included and torqued it evenly all around. So far so good. (Huh, got a little off topic I think)

George S.