Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Changes to Online Pricing  (Read 1760 times)
Sarz272000

Helpful Rating: 27
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: None
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2018, 06:39:48 am »

Just tried to build a PC. Cant get a quote on PC site. It requires sending request to PC and they contact for pricing. Not a fan.

Ron
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 171
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 07:24:34 am »

Checked it out and agree. I don't think it's a step in the right direction. I know most people want customizations and Phoenix can't list pricing for all options but having a price for the most common options gives customers a place to start. I'm not sure we would have a Phoenix if I had to go this route. I don't like going in blind with no set pricing.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
Tall Guy

Helpful Rating: 13
________
PurchDate: 3/23/2018
ModelYear: 2018
IntColor: Sesert sand
ExtColor: Toast, lower body paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 08:03:15 am »

I agree too!  It's really nice to be able to see what happens to the price by selecting various options.  I know an exact price can't be had that way but it sure is nice to have some idea and you can eliminate some things right off the get go so you don't waste time with the final build.  Plus you can fuss around with it at your leisure.  I mentioned this to Kyle in an email with other questions when Earl responded to those he didn't address the online pricing issue I brought up.
donc13

Helpful Rating: 78
________
PurchDate: 03/2015
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
ExtColor: White/Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:20:40 pm »

All you have to do is go to inventory and look at the 2018's,each one has an invoice showing what options that particular PC has and cost.

---
Don and Patti
rvrunner

Helpful Rating: 12
________
PurchDate: January 4, 2018
Model: 2400 Ford
IntColor: toast
ExtColor: nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:22:47 pm »

Does this mean not everybody will pay the same price for the same motor home? Will each quote be different even if the options are the same? Can we negotiate on the price? Just some questions I'm wondering about.

Lynn    ( 2400 on order, pricing on line made a big difference in my decision to buy.)
Sarz272000

Helpful Rating: 27
________
Model: None
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 08:36:20 am »

Lynn
Very good observation. I hope the new PC experience does not turn into a new car experience. Yuck!

BTW I love your color choice of nightscape. Very classy and sharp looking.

Ron
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 300
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 09:30:37 am »

It is extremely helpful to know what MSRP is.  You need that number to negotiate.  Now you don't know anything up front before talking with the sales rep Earl.

I think Phoenix made a big mistake hiding MSRP.  All automotive websites as well as other motor home manufactures post MSRP numbers.  Considering the change, Phoenix should display...

"MSRP Starting At $00.000"
"MSRP Fully Featured $000,000" (with a picture showing full body paint and slide out)
"Call for the factory-direct savings price"

Many people will simply move on to other manufactures that post MSRP.  I know I would if shopping for a new motor home. No price = No interest.  Who would investigate without knowing what they are getting into?

I worry that Chuck and Jim are going to see sales drop to the floor now.  The economy is great right now but Phoenix will miss out on it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:57:32 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
Doneworking

Helpful Rating: 126
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: September 2013
ModelYear: 2013
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 09:43:20 am »

I agree with ron.dittmer.   Over and over I have seen this happen.  A small company is sold and the new owners make changes that just defy understanding and injure loyalty.  

Ever see that old movie "The Gauntlet" with Clint Eastwood?   I feel like I am running the gauntlet every time I deal with someone selling something with four or six wheels.   Phoenix was different and it will be interesting to see if we can use that statement in the present tense ----Phoenix is different?

I have tried to figure out the logic of making such a move as removing the pricing guides as to MSRP and "Our Phoenix Price".   Maybe someone can come up with a logical thought as to why but I can't at this time.  

Paul
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:43:50 am by Doneworking » Logged
Carol

Helpful Rating: 104
________
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015 (2351)
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 09:52:57 am »

Transparency is the gateway to trust.

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 197
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 11:33:06 am »

I sure hope this is just a programming mistake on the web page. I have recommended Phoenix to several People, some of which have purchased one. I can not continue to do so when the web page does not even give you the price of any of the options. I would never shop at a store that did not list the price of an item for everyone to see. I do not think the new owners or their wives would go into a store to buy a bedspread when they needed to ask the sales person what the price is for each one. I bet they would walk out of the store without purchasing anything. I hope they correct this before it gets out of hand.
 pulling hair out  pulling hair out  pulling hair out

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint

We no longer own a PC. We had two of them and loved them both. Due to changing health and no longer camping, we wanted a touring coach. Phoenix does not make a class B so we had to turn to a Winnebago Travato 59K in March 2018
jatrax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 111
________
PurchDate: November 2016
ModelYear: 2017
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Graystone
________

John and Carrie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 11:50:06 am »

To be honest the website is rather messed up and always has been.  There are dead links, text that should be a link but is not, random bits of text on pages that make no sense and so on.  While it is possible they removed the pricing because they do not want to show it I think it might also be possible they needed to update that part of the website or it was non-functional in some way and they felt it better to turn it off.

I may be wrong but I thought I was told that the same functionality was part of their order system.  I remember Earl telling me that you could not save a coach configuration and go back and edit it later, you had to start all over again.  I might have that wrong but I do know the system they were using was not very user friendly.

So, (maybe), this is a sign of progress instead?  Just speculating of course.

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 02:43:48 pm »

I would never shop at a store that did not list the price of an item for everyone to see. I do not think the new owners or their wives would go into a store to buy a bedspread when they needed to ask the sales person what the price is for each one. I bet they would walk out of the store without purchasing anything
 pulling hair out  pulling hair out  pulling hair out
You are so right Tom.

This reminds me of my experience with jewelry.  I am not made of money so such luxury is limited, even by my wife Irene's standards.

Many years ago we had in our area a store chain called Service Merchandise.  They had an exceptional jewelry department with everything quite nice and reasonably priced considering the quality of the item, with regular, sale, and clearance items all priced clearly.  I was comfortable buying jewelry there.  It was so much better than buying at other affordable places like Sears & Walmart.  Though I paid a lot more, I did get a "Whole Lot More".

When Service Merchandise went out of business, I tried to find an equivalent.  I gave up after stepping into Jewelry store chains like Helzberg, Jared, and Zales, also shopping mall stores not posting prices.  They made me feel like a cheapskate when asking prices.  Then there was the matter of them peeling me up off the floor after they answered the question.  When I'd come to, I'd kindly thank them for their time and head back to my rusted-out Toyota Corolla.

Hence...    No Price...   No Interest.
That goes for everything from houses to motor homes, cars, electronics, all the way down to items in a garage sale.  That is just how I feel about it.  Given Phoenix's website today, if I were shopping for a new motor home, naturally Phoenix would not be on my list.  And so I cannot even recommend Phoenix to other people in the same manner I used to.  I am nearly clammed-up.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 03:11:10 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

HenryJ

Helpful Rating: 40
________
PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2016
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: graystone
________

All ready for the road

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 08:16:20 pm »

well that is disappointing. I went online put the selections in and came out with a price but of course some things I wanted and got were not in the online pricing. We're added a bit at a time... The priced items were added then there was a built in discount, no idea what it was and the price came up.  Progress may need to go a little further down the path.
GOOD TO SEE. THE UPDATE
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 07:16:50 pm by HenryJ » Logged

Patricia & Jim
He's in charge I just drive
donc13

Helpful Rating: 78
________
PurchDate: 03/2015
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
ExtColor: White/Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 09:30:38 am »

Look at current inventory!   List and selling price are there!

As of now... It appears selling price is 74% of list price.

No idea if you can negotiate further.

Example sale pricing from current inventory:

---
Don and Patti
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 09:48:12 am »

As of now... It appears selling price is 74% of list price.  No idea if you can negotiate further.
Thanks for sharing that.  That data should be posted clearly so people would not be deterred by posted MSRP pricing alone.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: