Hello Guest

Good bye Phoenix family

• 30 Replies

TomHanlon

Re: Good bye Phoenix family
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 05:28:04 pm »
I would have opted for that  59K   floorplan  too. It should  have been offered from the start  instead of the original  59G model.  Maybe Kermit will get  back to his Falcon roots and design something similar on a Ford Transit?

If he had I would have been in line for one, but to late now.

Joseph

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 05:57:36 pm »
After 50 years of marriage I would have done the same. It takes quite the lady to put up with us as is, but 50 years. She deserves her input. All the best in your new adventures but stay in touch, itís not the brand of vehicle that made me enjoy your posts, itís You!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 06:55:00 pm »
Tom,

That Winnebago Travato 59K is very interesting for a class B, the floor plan being quite practical.  I love that front wheel drive Dodge chassis for the application.  MSRP on it isn't up in the stratosphere for a class B either.  Save travels in it!

For the curious, Tom bought one of THESE.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:13:11 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 07:38:00 pm »
Hi Tom!

I read your posts with a bit of sorrow, but happy that you found a suitable coach.

Mrs V and I just 'got on the entrance ramp' of this highway, and I hope we are in for a long happy trip. It is a comfort to see other's tire tracks on the road. 

Should your travels bring you near Melbourne Fl, please feel free to PM me. we have a spacious driveway, and can supply water and power for you.

:)(:

TomHanlon

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 08:07:16 pm »
Hi Tom!

I read your posts with a bit of sorrow, but happy that you found a suitable coach.

Mrs V and I just 'got on the entrance ramp' of this highway, and I hope we are in for a long happy trip. It is a comfort to see other's tire tracks on the road. 

Should your travels bring you near Melbourne Fl, please feel free to PM me. we have a spacious driveway, and can supply water and power for you.

:)(:

Thank you for the offer but we just went by you on Tuesday on our way to Sebring. It would of been nice meeting you. We are headed up the west coast to Tarpon Springs then over to Claremont to see some other friends.

Denny & Barb

• Medicine Bow, Wy.
    • View Profile
    • Weather at my home
  • PurchDate: 4-08-2012
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2018, 08:40:20 pm »
Tom... am sad to hear that your taking a different Y in the road.   Barb and I are also. We just purchased the new Winnie Intent 26M (just 2 feet longer than our 2350, but has a walk-around-bed and more room. As we get up in age here we find it more and more difficult to work with the corner bed. Other PC options were too long a coach for our style. )

So we will also be leaving our great PC family, which is very sad. I/we have gotten so many hints from this forum.

Thanks all, for your real help and friendship.

Denny and Barb
Your Word our Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 09:26:21 pm »
Tom... am sad to hear that your taking a different Y in the road.   Barb and I are also. We just purchased the new Winnie Intent 26M (just 2 feet longer than our 2350, but has a walk-around-bed and more room. As we get up in age here we find it more and more difficult to work with the corner bed. Other PC options were too long a coach for our style. )

So we will also be leaving our great PC family, which is very sad. I/we have gotten so many hints from this forum.

Thanks all, for your real help and friendship.

Denny & Barb

Denny and Barb,

Well wishes to you as well in your new endeavor with your new Winnebago Intent 26M.

BTW, I "love" your signature so very much.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:30:20 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Denny & Barb

• Medicine Bow, Wy.
    • View Profile
    • Weather at my home
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 10:04:19 am »
Thanks Ron; Thanks all. Sure appreciated all of the inputs and hints we have received here. 

Denny and Barb

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 10:57:45 am »
Denny and Barb... I really like the intent, a very nice rig......Very nice, Congrats!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 12:53:26 pm »
Interesting that the floor plan of the Intent is not all that different in the floor plan and also the length of the PC-2700 of yester-year.  The 2700 was 3 inches longer at 27'-1" over-all length, but it did have a much smaller queen bed at 54" x 74" in the slide-out.

Denny & Barb, make sure the Intent's dinette will work for you.  The 64" dimension is concerning.  If the leg room is really bad, maybe you could sacrifice either the slide out or the mini-pantry/TV space to spread the two benches much further apart, and also gain a much bigger table.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:02:12 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2018, 05:54:55 pm »
Tom, no kidding on advanced rv class B being pricey. Used units go from 150,000 to 275,000 depending on model. Iím waiting to hear from them on buying an ac unit for my 2552. The ac units they import from Australia run at a minimum 10 decibels quieter than anything else sold here in the states
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:54:54 am by Joseph »

Denny & Barb

• Medicine Bow, Wy.
    • View Profile
    • Weather at my home
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 10:47:24 pm »
yeah know of the pricing problem with Class C's.  Problem being, was told, basic cutaway chassis is so expensive. Like $50k was quoted to me from a good source. 50k without any house built on them yet!

Class A's on the other hand, can do much better... My Winnie Intent is, with factory incentives because it is a new model for Winnie this year, is $74.9k. (meaning, probably next year around 89K). Heck of a good deal this year for sure.

Class A's seem to be usually lower dollar for comparable Class C.

Now the Air-Conditioner noise level.  The Intent, is so quiet. It has central air.  I was impressed.

Generator running noise, was noticeable. But one would have to wonder if it was a car next to you running or what.  Again .... soundproofing?

New 6 spd tranny (7 with torque converter) and 30 valve V10 was a selling point.  Extra HP make this unit quick off the line.

So that was my observations....   

Denny and Barb

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 10:59:37 pm »
.....was told, basic cutaway chassis is so expensive. Like $50k was quoted to me from a good source. 50k without any house built on them yet!
$50,000 for an E450 cut-away doesn't sound right to me.  CLICK HERE and you will see the E450 DRW starting at an MSRP of $33,415.  Also consider the "Motor Home Prep Package" lacks seats, outside mirrors, rear wall, spare tire, finished dash board panels, and flooring.  It does include a chrome grille & front bumper along with a few other low-cost pretties.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:08:02 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Denny & Barb

• Medicine Bow, Wy.
    • View Profile
    • Weather at my home
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 09:55:46 am »
Have to agree Ron.. 50k appears a bit high.  I was given this figure by someone in the motorhome business. I won't say where.  But saying this, it could have been just a sales pitch to get us Class C buyers to feel sorry for them and their high prices. Then of course, is this MSRP pricing, or what that he was talking about?

Last week, while at the RV dealer here, I was surprised at the number of Class C's (ford 450's) that had 110k and up, in big letters on their windshields. I thought, gosh that's high. Are these sale prices?  (Actually, my frugal wife pointed that out to me 1st.)  :)

One thing nice, and we're blessed, is that here in our good ol USA, we do have many options to choose from. Anyone needing a house which wheels on it, can probably find something that will fit his/her needs.

Denny and Barb

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Beige / Hickory
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey metallic & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 03:45:30 pm »
Ron- after 11 years you might get a bad case of sticker shock!  My rv storage place  is located next to a Winnebago/Thor/Forest River dealership,  so sometimes my wife and I go look at the new rv's just for fun. The veteran sales manager Markís own rig is a Lance  camper with 300W solar  on a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup because he likes to go camping to get away from it all   :)

We upsized to a 2350 from a smaller rig (Rialta) too. While researching Phoenix Cruiser  I came across your old posts on other rv forums that were very informative and helpful  towards making the decision to get  a 2350 and do the Hellwig rear swaybar and  front end alignment right way. I searched for months to find a  used 2350 for sale in California. Bob, the previous owner, had Parkinsonís disease and was really sad to have to let it go.

The only rig that would make me give up my PC2350 would be this one: http://www.blueovaltrucks.com/2000-2004-ford-chinook-baja-4x4-rv/

My toad is an Uber !!
Just Truckin' Around