• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Tiny grey tank issue
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 09:09:10 am »
When the  toilet is on the driver's side.. the black tank is only 23 Gal.
Very interesting observation rendering my previous comment inaccurate.  But your comment included in this post of mine....On model 2350, the toilet is on the driver side and the black tank is 35 gallons.  So we both got things half right, or half wrong, ha, ha.  The wonders of forums discussions.  Don't believe much of what I post.   :)
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

donc13

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »
When the  toilet is on the driver's side.. the black tank is only 23 Gal.
Very interesting observation rendering my previous comment inaccurate.  But your comment included in this post of mine....On model 2350, the toilet is on the driver side and the black tank is 35 gallons.  So we both got things half right, or half wrong, ha, ha.  The wonders of forums discussions.  Don't believe much of what I post.   :)

According to the current floorplans, the 2350 has the toilet with just a thin wall between the bed and the toilet.  Thus, the toilet sits right above the black tank which sits mounted just inside the chassis frane on the passenger side.   Which is exactly where I said the 35 gal tank is.  If you sawed a 2350 in half top to bottom, the length of the vehicle... The toilet is on the passenger side.  That's the current floorplan.  No idea if that's different than your floorplan.
---
Don and Patti

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 09:51:34 pm »
Interesting!

I will have to crawl under my 2350 and see if it matches your description.  Either I have been wrong all along, or Phoenix reconfigured the 2350 tanks since 2007.

BTW, my toilet does not go directly down into the tank.  If I open the toilet valve and look inside, I cannot see into the tank.  There is a gentle curving pathway, but solids will get there via gravity.  That might be an indicator of things changed.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

biglegmax

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: ordered a 2017, got a 2018
  • ModelYear: 2018 2350 e450 4x4
  • IntColor: lots
  • ExtColor: white,no paint,or decals
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 10:18:56 pm »
Keelhauler, your idea is creative, If a coach has a sanicon, and a black tank flush system, why not just screw the sanicon into the black tank flush system? Flush the black tank with grey water and reduce the level in the grey tank. Seems like a simple clean manageable solution, maybe I'm missing something?.
Doug

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:29 pm »
Keelhauler, your idea is creative, If a coach has a sanicon, and a black tank flush system, why not just screw the sanicon into the black tank flush system? Flush the black tank with grey water and reduce the level in the grey tank. Seems like a simple clean manageable solution, maybe I'm missing something?.
Doug
That may even be better, need to try that first. That would be a great way to do it.

biglegmax

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: ordered a 2017, got a 2018
  • ModelYear: 2018 2350 e450 4x4
  • IntColor: lots
  • ExtColor: white,no paint,or decals
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 05:27:33 pm »
I think the only draw back, and there might be more, is how sophisticated is the flush system? I envision the inlet pipe to be open ended inside the black tank. If it has been necked down, or if they have made a manifold with small spray jets, grey water particles might plug it. A simple filter at the end of the sanicon would solve the problem.
Doug