Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Motion sensor light  (Read 194 times)
garmp

Helpful Rating: 26
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 3/17
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2017 2100
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Stone
ExtColor: Stone
________

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:30:38 pm »

Got an LED stickon light for the bathroom of "Bob", our 2100. Totally impressed for a AAA battery light. Fits just above the door shining it towards the bathroom. Another nice feature is the strip that holds it up. One side adhesive for the wall and the other magnetic to hold the unit. Thusly it can be easily removed to replace batteries when needed and then retored to the same position.
Amazon sells these (of course) Kuled 10-led Wireless Motion Sensing Stick-on Anywhere Step LED Light Bar with Magnetic Strip.
My dear brother gave it to me. He told me that he had one, in fact two and really liked it and thought we could use it in Bob. He didn't tell me that he wanted two and they came in three packs and didn't know what to do with the other one. Still a nice thought and a great solution for us.

Bob, our PC, has taken us from campers to Rv'ers and loving it.
Free2RV

Helpful Rating: 27
________
PurchDate: June 2018
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2018
IntColor: Nightscape (Cherry)
ExtColor: Graystone (full paint)
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07:06 pm »

Great, nice gesture from your brother. Sounds like it is going to be very handy to have.

This PC is our 3rd RV. We have never named one. We got a kick out of your name for yours. Now we will have to give it some thought.  Smile

Gary and Susie
(travel with 2 wonderful canines, Cody and Sadie)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 300
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:39:44 pm »

Kool!  Thanks for sharing that garmp.

CLICK HERE to see them for sale on Amazon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:43:12 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 171
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:25:03 am »

Six batteries plus the fixture is a lot of weight for a magnet strip. Has yours had a bouncy test drive to ensure it stays in place or do you take it down for travel?

I like the fixture a lot if it holds well. We have a plug in motion detector light that we plugged into the side of the vanity when traveling with our granddaughter who used to be too short to reach the light. Unfortunately, ANY motion in the back section of the rig would trigger it. Your fixture would only pick up movement in the bathroom itself, which is perfect. We've had guests that didn't know how to turn on the lights and had to manage the bathroom in the dark. This light would fix that.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
Cropduster

Helpful Rating: 14
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 05/2015
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2002
IntColor: Brown
ExtColor: Brown
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 11:13:40 am »

We have several of these battery-operated led light switches. Which work very well, although I did add an extra strip of velcro to the one switch we did not want to permanently mount.  Wall mount with appropriate fasteners is also possible, recognizing that the switch will need to be removed in order to replace the AAA size batteries.  Note: This light is not motion sensing.  Size is the same as a common (electrical connected) light switch.

Purchased while on sale for $1.99 at the local Harbor Freight. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: