• PurchDate: 1/29/2018
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2005
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Green
  • ExtColor: white/green
Surprising Step Fix
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:33:49 am »
The steps on my 2005 Phoenix Cruiser stopped working. Or to put it more correctly, they worked a little bit and would go in/out a couple inches.  And since the step motor was not reaching it's on/off setting my coach battery was getting drained because current was still going to the motor. I thought that it was going to be a major fix and probably involve buying a new motor and/or gear box.. I called PC support and they told me before I start buying parts to unattach the steps from the gear box arm and see if the steps moved correctly.

Well that was the problem. The steps were locked in place and simply needed lubrication. And surprisingly the motor and gear box now work great. Plus no more dead engine battery.

THANK YOU Phoenix Cruiser tech support.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Surprising Step Fix
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 06:44:00 am »
Hi Zolman,

That was a very simple solution to a serious problem, draining your engine battery.......a reminder to us all to lubricate each hinge point on the folding step annually.

Thank you for sharing that!
Ron
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Cropduster

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 05/2015
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2002
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: Brown
Re: Surprising Step Fix
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 06:34:48 pm »
The sticker on our electric step noted a lubrication recommendation of every 30 days.  Which I do not believe the previous owner followed, as the first time I lubed the step it made a major difference in the operation.  I still do this on about a once-a-month basis, depending on the use of the RV.  Apply a little synthetic grease with a flux brush.  With a shop rag to first clean the contact areas. Easy enough to be worth the effort.