• PurchDate: May.2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Hickory/Graystone
  • ExtColor: 2 Tone Graystone/Nightshade
First water leaks
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:02:33 am »
I had water traveling down the floor this morning which traced back to one of the screw on connectors behind the 4-way valve. The other connectors needed to be tightened as well.

Earlier this spring the black water flush connection was leaking which was also one of the screw on connectors that needed to be tightened.

Not sure if these were left loose by the factory (I doubt it) or if they are prone to loosening over miles. (I have around 5K miles on the RV so far).  (WH)

This may become a regular maintenance check item.
Mike & Pat Astley,

donc13

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
Re: First water leaks
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:22:29 am »
I am of the opinion that those orange construction signs stating "rough road"  should be placed next to the "Welcome to Colorful  Colorado" signs at the state border.
---
Don and Patti

gandalf42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 02:43:23 pm »
We did travel one of the worst roads of my "young" life this spring: the last 10 miles going into Chaco Canyon, located in NW New Mexico. Fortunately my fillings survived.
Mike & Pat Astley,

Nancy and or Jake

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 8/31/16
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2011
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 08:11:09 am »
That is a journey worth making.
We did that long long washboard, rutted, dusty road a few years ago, but in a truck camper. I was ready to turn around several times. It felt like the camper was going to bounce right off the truck.  Well worth it in the end though. One of the most memorable trips of all our travels. Would go again!
But... I don't know if our 3100 would make it. 
Peace
Nancy G

gandalf42

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 07:04:04 am »
Yes, I agree it is worth it to go but it was one of those trips that I probably will never do again until they improve the road. You have to take the road very slow. 10 mph max and often slower. I often thought of giving up but just too stubborn. Once you are in the park the roads are great.

I worried about the RV but it seemed to have survived intact.
Mike & Pat Astley,

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:58:14 am »
A few years ago we spent several days at Chaco and hiked the whole place looking at each artifact building carefully.  It is incredible.   I always felt like the rough road was there for a reason.  Otherwise, all the tourists would run in for the day, climb all over everything and potentially injure one of the most sensitive archeological sites in North America.   

The road?   Unforgettable and a real destroyer of all things mechanical.   There was a couple ahead of with a pickup and a pull behind trailer about 26 feet long.  He was going faster while I was driving about 10 or 12 mph.  We ended up camping next to each other and he said he didn't even feel the road in his pickup and then.....then....he opened his trailer and found stuff all over the place, two cabinets barely hanging from the wall and a general mess.    Water was dripping out of the  bottom.   

Bet he never goes back but if he does he drives 8-10 mph. 

We were in a 24 foot Gulfstream BT Cruiser on a Ford 450 and had no damage at all to the rig.....our dental bill was large when we got home roflol.    You talk about a teeth rattler.   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:01:22 am by Doneworking »

tswhitewater

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 2018
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: desert sand/cherry
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 06:27:07 pm »
I've also had a problem with the (hand tighten) nuts working loose behind the new 3 way valve.  The pipes coming out of the valve are not supported underneath and bounce freely on the rough roads up here in Alaska.  To solve the problem I built up the area under and around the pipes with mini cell foam and secured the pipes with zip ties.  So far so good! 

gandalf42

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 05:16:23 am »
I've also had a problem with the (hand tighten) nuts working loose behind the new 3 way valve.  The pipes coming out of the valve are not supported underneath and bounce freely on the rough roads up here in Alaska.  To solve the problem I built up the area under and around the pipes with mini cell foam and secured the pipes with zip ties.  So far so good!

Good information! Thanks!  2o2
Mike & Pat Astley,