• Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: V10 H.P. Reduction?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 11:13:53 am »
'Animal Torture'  : 

Mrs V just messaged me to say the tuner was waiting for me at home, knowing darn well I am here for hours more.
  pyho

Its here. Cant wait!!  Will post when I get home. Glad she told me!   (cheer) heartshower

Joseph

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 05:42:04 pm »
Volk, I have no doubt you'll wait till this weekend to give it a look see.......LOL... :)(:

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 06:17:12 pm »
Volk, I have no doubt you'll wait till this weekend to give it a look see.......LOL... :)(:

Looks like the case. Visiting the mouse house with my grandson,  :-D  beback friday PM.

I have checked it all out, a very complete package.  Looking forward to using it.

KB9OMH

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 3/26/13
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Maple
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 09:06:52 pm »
Volkemon, Been using the five star since 2013, when I got my 3100, love it, didn't really see any increase of HP or Torque, but the transmission really works great, going up a rise in the road first goes to 2500 rpm then next it goes to 3200 rpm, if it a bad incline it goes to 3800 rpm. but most the time it will only drop to 2500 rpms. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Jim

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 06:16:37 am »
 :beg  I certainly hope I can feel SOME difference... their dyno test shows the torque peak moved down from 3900 to 3500 RPM, but at the lowest RPM shown (2800) it still shows a 20% increase in torque.

Maybe I will do a few 'timed runs' before installing.  'Seat of the pants' dyno's are notoriously inaccurate.  :lol Especially when gains are expected.

Not to mention grandson will have fun riding along on the 0-60 runs.

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 09:06:28 am »
kb90 ... so on steep inclines yours never goes to 4500-5000 rpms? Does it still maintain your speed the same as before the 5 star?  That would indicate to me an increase in torque. It really interests me but I allowed myself to buy into the KONI shocks dream and now kick myself for wasting money something that I found to be no better than shocks costing hundreds less.  Probably a good thing, keeps me trigger shy
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:43:28 am by Joseph »

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 12:48:48 pm »
I called 5 star and due to the laws in Ca they can't ship it here.  Go figure...

Cropduster

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 05/2015
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2002
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: Brown
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 06:39:54 pm »
Shipping to California: 

Have the part sent to your brother/cousin/friend who lives in a state with rational vehicle regulations.  Have that individual send it along to you.

BTW: The business where I work has had a major influx of applicants who can't wait to leave California.  Might be time for you to reconsider your residential options.  NB. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 09:10:33 am »
Crop duster, only two things keep us in Ca, most importantly is our family. Most of the family would like to move as well but they have successful companies, careers etc. itís just not simple to do.   Second is the climate, I have yet to find a place we like better in terms of climate. But the big one is family. I hate Ca politics with a passion, when Reagan gave amnesty (he later regretted) it wasnít long before the voting districts were set to where this state will never have a chance of being anything but controlled by liberals. If this country implodes it will be seen here first. Damn shame.   Your right though and we often talk about moving to a state with some basic freedoms.

Cropduster

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 05/2015
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2002
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: Brown
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 11:10:31 am »
Joseph:: Sounds like you are miking the best of the situation.  Possibly the experience in your state will convince others to avoid a similar fate in their own state.  Not far from where we live is a family which pulled up everyone and left California, the kids, their spouses and kids, grandparents, ...  They all simultaneously decided 'enough'.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 07:15:01 am »
Not intending to turn this thread into a political debate, but Irene and I watch the news a lot, and we feel the coastal half of California, especially San Francisco, have lost their minds.  It's been going on for a long time and getting worse every year.  But they stepped up the madness since the last presidential election.  I understand how you feel.  If we lived there, we too would try our best to get out of Dodge.

We live 25 miles west of Chicago and have our own problems, and they are not so different.  If not for our family, our church, and our dream home, we would be moving out of Illinois.  If we could move, we still don't know where we would run to.  I fear we'd might place ourselves into a worse situation.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 09:12:11 am »
Ron, I couldnít agree more and politics aside with places like San Fran how can anyone think that allowing people who are here illegally be allowed to vote.  The state has been letting it go for some time but now they are officially allowing it starting with school districts. Thatís just the tip of whatís happening out here but I agree I donít want this to go too political.

KB9OMH

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/26/13
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Maple
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2018, 11:38:49 am »
Joseph, Yes it will still go that high on a very steep hill or mountain. I run with the cruse control on all the time and if arounf a lot of stop and go I leave it out of tow mode. It will hold your speed very well. Did not look to see if you have a newer unit with the 6 speed trans, mine has the 5 speed trans. Hope this answer your question

Jim

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2018, 01:34:46 pm »
Kb90, it does, Thank you. 

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 04:20:37 am »
Sorry for no update, for some reason my 7YO grandson was more interested in another day at Disney than helping grandpa work on the camper...  (exactly)

Wait until HE gets wheels... see who wants to hang in grandpa's garage then...  :lol

Asking around to see if there is a rear wheel dyno that will handle the 2350. I would like some hard data to see if my $400 was well spent.