• PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
Re: V10 H.P. Reduction?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 09:01:04 am »
Volk, everything Iíve read and Iíve been reading a bunch says the biggest gain is in the sifting points. IE when you crest a hill and it takes forever to shift up and holding shift points going up. Iíve yet to read of anyone being disappointed who have installed it on the V10. I say that because they make them for a lot of various gas engines as well as diesel but I only focused on the V10.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2018, 10:49:50 am »
Refining the shift points may be worth it. Whoever thought that 2 gear downshifts were a good idea...  pyho

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Beige / Maple
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 08:15:37 pm »
Have any of you guy used this on a motorhome ? https://www.knfilters.com/mobile/mProduct.aspx?prod=77-2570KTK#reviews

http://rvbasics.com/rv-press-release/K&N-ford-air-filters.html

I just got back from a week in the Sierras .   Climbing the 80 towards Truckee dropped down to 2nd gear for  brief stretches to maintain 51mph at around 3760 rpm, which is just under where peak hp and torque cross before falling off a cliff. The transmission liked to hold 3rd until around 2750. Watching the ScanGauge  II average  mpg from Grass Valley to Zephyr Cove was 7.8,  down from 10.8 in the flatlands, and  TFT never exceeded 206 F.

I looked  at the Banks Stinger  kit , which seems crazy $$$$, on top of  our wonderful California state CARB issues.  That got me thinking maybe the  K&N CAI and a larger diameter cat back with a Magnaflow might be worth doing.  The big Ford is already so loud in 2nd gear that  it canít get much worse LOL, and it seems  lame that they use the same airbox on the  5.4 and 6.8.

Volk- Just  find the biggest hill in Florida  and use the old  seat of the pants dyno :-D
Goin' where the wind goes...