• PurchDate: May.2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Hickory/Graystone
  • ExtColor: 2 Tone Graystone/Nightshade
2018 FMCA Rally in Gillette, WY
« on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:26 pm »
We will be up at the rally this week. Any other PC folks going to be there? Always like to connect when there's an opportunity.  :-D
Mike & Pat Astley,

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
Re: 2018 FMCA Rally in Gillette, WY
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:05:36 pm »
Sadly not me, but I believe Phoenix will be there with several models.  Would love to hear what they have to say if you get time to stop by their booth.

gandalf42

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May.2017
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Hickory/Graystone
  • ExtColor: 2 Tone Graystone/Nightshade
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 09:25:42 am »
I didn't talk with the PC folks much. They were pretty kicked back at the time..not much people traffic going through at the moment. I did ask about the word that they were eliminating wood flooring due to buckling. They said they only knew of one case and it was where someone got the whole floor soaked. They said they were going to a waterproof vinyl type that "looked real good" and was a light grey in color. They acknowledged going to new latches but the three units on display all had the old style. One of the units (a 2351?) was a 4 wheel drive unit.

Today is the last day, I might drop by and see if they have made any sales.

I was very surprised that we were parked right next to another PC!  2o2 It was Jim & Deb from Cincinnati in their new 2017 2351 in a Mercedes chassis. They had picked theirs up in June 2017 which was close to our last of May 2017 pick up. It was great chatting with them and comparing notes.
Mike & Pat Astley,

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 04:14:02 am »
I did ask about the word that they were eliminating wood flooring due to buckling. They said they only knew of one case and it was where someone got the whole floor soaked. They said they were going to a waterproof vinyl type that "looked real good" and was a light grey in color.

Sounds like the 'Sterling oak' lifeproof floor I used. Easy to work with, and weatherproof so far. I have a scrap piece outside in the Florida weather since installing the balance in the camper. NO change on the 'test piece'.  2o2 

For RV use I am at a loss as to why anyone would use real wood. Bragging rights maybe?!?  {looks down nose] "WE only use REAL wood dahling... "   roflol