• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
Need Battery Help Please!!
« on: July 18, 2018, 03:44:11 pm »
Need help from my fellow Cruisers.   I'm recently widowed and trying to continue traveling in my 2012 2350.  I've done OK so far with help from this forum and You-Tube videos.  Now I'm stumped.    I replaced the house batteries with 2 new AGM batteries.  Put them in myself but don't have any power.  Wonder if I have them hooked up right?   With engine running I get a reading of 7.6 to 8.2 and an error message E02.  A few of the lights will work.  On shore power I show no power on the Inverter and a clicking sound.   With neither shore nor engine battery power,  the Inverter doesn't come on at all but the outside light is on but dim.   I took pictures before I disconnected and removed the old batteries (lead acid) and installed the new AGM batteries the same way.   Could that be the problem? 

Dumb your responses down as much as possible for me please.  I'm trying to learn as I go here but I'm struggling with this whole power business.  Thanks for any help I can get!!!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Need Battery Help Please!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:18:20 pm »
I sent you a PM.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 05:21:22 pm »
Need help from my fellow Cruisers.   I'm recently widowed and trying to continue traveling in my 2012 2350.  I've done OK so far with help from this forum and You-Tube videos.  Now I'm stumped.    I replaced the house batteries with 2 new AGM batteries.  Put them in myself but don't have any power.  Wonder if I have them hooked up right?   With engine running I get a reading of 7.6 to 8.2 and an error message E02.  A few of the lights will work.  On shore power I show no power on the Inverter and a clicking sound.   With neither shore nor engine battery power,  the Inverter doesn't come on at all but the outside light is on but dim.   I took pictures before I disconnected and removed the old batteries (lead acid) and installed the new AGM batteries the same way.   Could that be the problem? 

Dumb your responses down as much as possible for me please.  I'm trying to learn as I go here but I'm struggling with this whole power business.  Thanks for any help I can get!!!

Normally I don't reply if I can't contribute to the solution of a problem, but...I have never switched from wet cell batteries to AGM, but it seems that I have heard it is not just a matter of switching the batteries without other modifications.  I am certain someone knowledgeable in this will have an answer for you.  I will also be interested in possible solutions.

Barry T

Kwiz4691

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • ModelYear: 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:13:43 pm »

Thanks to Ron I have power!!   You were right, Barry.  Needed a different configuration for AGMs.   Huge accomplishment for this gal. 

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:46:47 pm »
Kwiz4691, I am glad to read that you are wired up, and powered up correctly now.  Good for you to seek advise and "Do It Yourself".  I commend you for that.

To the gang here, I talked it through with Kwiz4691 via the telephone.  She had changed her batteries from two 12V wet acid batteries to two 6V AGM batteries.  I was able to talk her through the changes in wiring (from 12V in parallel, to 6V in series) but I am not at all familiar with her 2012 model year Xantrex.  Can someone explain what she needs to do with her Xantrex to make the calibration for AGM battery technology?  On my old Tripp-Lite, I had to move a jumper (or was it a switch) inside the unit itself through a tiny but easy access window.  Hopefully it will be just as easy for her to make the equivalent adjustment on her 2012 2350 Xantrex.

Ron
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:52:02 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 09:07:00 pm »
I would be glad to help but I would need the exact model number so I can find the manual.  Xantrex has changed models often so my current one is likely quite different.