• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Large Capacity PC
« on: July 22, 2018, 06:40:06 am »
Now with all models above the 2100 using the E450 chassis, PC could build a large capacity model. Larger holding tanks, water tank and LP tank. Build it so the tank capacities are accurate. My fresh water tank is rated at 31 gal., it holds only 17, 46% less than stated. My black tank only holds 17 gal., 26% less than stated. These capacities are no larger than some of the class B's out there. How about 35 gal fresh water, 35 gal black and gray, and don't use the outside tank measurements to calculate the volume, go by what the tanks actually hold. 18 gal. LP tank. Anyone interested?

Lynn

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Large Capacity PC
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 07:24:49 am »
Regarding the waste tank sizes hanging under our PC's, there is very little room to critique tank size.  They are fairly tightly hung underneath with consideration to the hangers, plumbing, and sensors.  Just this week I looked underneath my own PC and realized much of all the considerations.  I also wonder if Phoenix is buying off-the-shelf waste tanks from a supplier.  We might find other brands of motorhomes using the exact same waste tanks.

The fresh water tank is another story.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 07:27:48 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 09:46:22 am »
Ron, Iíd be willing to bet they buy off the shelf tanks. Iím betting most if not all do.  Thatís one of the reasons I mentioned some builders can do better than others by purchasing in bulk, tanks, hoses, panels, pumps etc.  That being said you can have a manufacturer build any size tank in any shape you want but itís going to cost if the sales volume is low.

My water tank holds 30+ gallons, not sure how much itís supposed to hold. I use a meter on my hose when I fill before any trip and fill according to what Iíll need before my next full hook up. The less I can get by with the less weight I carry.

Cropduster

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 05/2015
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2002
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: Brown
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:10:27 pm »
RVRunner, the 31 gal fresh water tank size may have been the standard for quite a few years as it is the listed capacity in our 2002 PC 2100.

rvrunner

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 08:21:31 pm »
I assume the 31 gal. rating includes the 6 gal. water heater. That would make it 25 gal. The fill hose goes into the tank from the side not the top so there's an inch or so of empty space at the top of the tank even when full. Plus the tank capacity is figured from the outside dimensions of the tank which means you'd lose a little capacity because of wall thickness. A very simple way for PC to give there customers a true tank capacity rating would be to take a 1 gal. water jug, count how many jugs it takes to fill the tank. PC's tank capacities are a little small to begin with. I've had 5 motor homes, I don't know how far off the tank capacities were.

Lynn

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 10:35:24 am »
We had a BT Cruiser back several years ago and I added a twenty gallon fresh tank to the existing tank which was 35 gallons.  The black and grey tanks were 38 gallons each.   It was on a 450 Ford chassis and a 24 foot coach.  There was plenty of room the way it was built to suspend the 20 underneath.   It worked really well.   

Paul