• Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: birch
  • ExtColor: white
Reminder tags
« on: July 25, 2018, 04:58:17 pm »
Reminder tags

RV's have so many check-off items to remember you'd think we'd have red "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" warning flags all over the place.

The two most critical for me are reactivating the liability insurance before a trip and cranking the antenna down. I post them on the shifter when parked.

Making them is easy -- just print the warning message on a red index card, cut to a convenient size, laminate, punch a hole, and use a pony-tail holder or rubber band to attach.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Reminder tags
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 08:19:49 am »
Great idea!  I could use a few of those.

One thing I wish we could remember 100% of the time is locking up our 3 galley base cabinets with added push button locks.  A tag would not apply here because it is a 100% of the time check.  I should wire them up electrically and have a warning light in the instrument panel up front.  roflol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:22:12 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Cropduster

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 05/2015
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2002
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: Brown
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:33:44 am »
On the back of our mileage/maintenance book -- which is always in the center console -- is a checklist I created containing all the necessary steps prior to launch.   We always refer to it, and it seems that we always find one item we missed.  Still, I like the [tag] idea, and Ron's comment about a warning light. Which would be perfect for a closet door which we seem to forget to secure.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:53:56 pm by Cropduster »

gandalf42

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: May.2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Hickory/Graystone
  • ExtColor: 2 Tone Graystone/Nightshade
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:26 am »
I got a stretch ring with a key ring, one meant to put on your wrist and hold your keys, took off the key ring and would leave it stretched around the base of the roll up antenna crank. When I put the antenna up I moved the stretch ring to the gear shift. Made a good reminder and was always out of the way.

Our PC doesn't have the crank up antenna so don't need that any more. Working on a good reminder when I stop for gas and turn off the frig. Never turned off the frig on previous RV as it was on the passenger side and so, far enough removed from the gas tank fumes I didn't worry about it. But the PC frig seems pretty close to the gas cap and so I turn off the frig when filling.

My first attempt at a reminder was to get a wrist slap bracelet that I would slap onto the steering wheel when I stop for gas. It works just happens to be too long for the engine cover bin...it sticks out. So either need a smaller slap bracelet or perhaps go to a hair clip..one of those that looks like a potato chip bag clip but with teeth. (I'm sure there is a proper name but hey, I'm a guy)  (WH)
Mike & Pat Astley,

garmp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 11:54:47 am »
We don't have a check list per se for our 2100, but on our previous SportsMobile, with penthouse roof, we did. Once in the midst of a raging rain, we hastily pulled out of the campsite only to remember the top was up! AND we almost forgot to unplug. So I took a child's t-shirt which fit over the steering wheel and had embroidered on it; "Get unplugged and drop your top". First thing when arriving was to put the steering wheel cover on and set-up from there.
And a quick question for Ron about the drawer push locks. Did you install or the factory? A pain to do or simple. PM me if you would. Appreciate it.
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.