Hello Guest

2018 2910D Backup Camera - Optional Pioneer Radio installed (no NAV)

• 3 Replies

ExStarlifter

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2018
  • Model: 2910
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Sandstone
Does the backup camera have a microphone and if so, where do you control the volume?  If not, I'll be quiet!   :cool

No

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: None
Re: 2018 2910D Backup Camera - Optional Pioneer Radio installed (no NAV)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:55:23 am »
We have the Pioneer radio (2018) with integrated back-up camera, also the nav. system. The radio can pair with a cellphone via bluetooth for calls. The microphone for that is at the top of the windshield on the driver's side. It is not connected to the back-up camera as far as I know however. I have not seen any kind of mic at the camera either. I would think a voice picked up by the camera would be heard by the driver anyway.

You could pair your phone with the radio, call your spotter's phone and talk hands-free that way. Or use the speakerphone on your cell with your spotter.
Small headset communicators like walkie-talkies also work to allow normal conversation between the driver and spotter.

If there is a mic built-in, I too would like to know about it!

Steve

ExStarlifter

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2018
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Sandstone
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 06:15:17 am »
Thanks Steve - great idea to use the cell for communication!

Mike

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:51 am »
Morning, I was under the impression that the camera did have microphone and volume but I don't fiddle with it. I recall that in the traded in Allegro Bus... now I will look and see. It is handy when you are getting directions from someone who is looking at the obstacle path. And you cannot just hear most outside helpers. I will have to line up my phone with the bluetooth now that it is only me. And see if it can be set up to be usable. First try did not work well too much noise ... but it is handy when you are on your own and my car (not tow car) has great phone connection. My tow car does too but I have not used and now with other changes it needs to be put into service. Hands free means communication not steering.

See ya
P (Henryj)
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.