• PurchDate: June 2014
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Dark Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
Surround sound system
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:23:45 am »
I donít see much on the surround sound system which in our unit is connected to the blue ray DVD player.  We have a 2015 2910T.  The system works fine with the DVD player but only the DVD player.  Is there an easy way to connect the tv to the surround sound system or is this another yes you can but you have to take down the front tv (samsung) in order to access the back to run wires from the back of the tv to the control panel in the side cabinet next to the tv where the DVD player is connected.

Just like it would have been great to have an easy to access hdmi port from the tv it would have been nice if the tv also had been connected to the surround sound when installed.  I believe its a real pain to take the tv down to access the back.

Thanks!

Lou Movitz
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:25:38 am by lamovitz »

Free2RV

• Gary and Susie
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: P.U. 6/11/18
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Nightscape (Cherry)
  • ExtColor: Graystone (FBP)
Re: Surround sound system
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 02:43:57 pm »
I believe there is a video on Phoenix's website that explains how to work it through the TV. 
Gary

lamovitz

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2014
  • IntColor: Dark Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:34:03 pm »
Fantastic!  Thanks!

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 09:36:04 am »
On my 2015 2551 the surround sound is also hooked to the radio (standard Ford radio). It seems to me, there is a way to use surround sound with the TV, I believe you just select a different input on the dvd player.
---
Don and Patti

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 10:07:30 am »
I believe there is a video on Phoenix's website that explains how to work it through the TV. 
Gary

Yes, there is a video.  I watched it again yesterday.  I have lost count of the times I have watched those videos.  Very informative.  Eventually, they will be dated.  I'm wondering if any discussion at PUSA is underway to update them as needed.  In fact, if PUSA will pay my expenses, I would be glad to be Earl's replacement in the videos!   ;)

Other than the recommendation from some friends who have a PC, the videos played a huge part in my choosing a Phoenix Cruiser.  A visit to Elkhart, sealed the deal.

Having watched the videos and after a good PDI, I feel I will be very familiar with my PC.

tswhitewater

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 2018
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: desert sand/cherry
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 10:45:33 am »
On my 2018 2552 you switch from the TV speaker to surround sound by using the TV remote.  Go to menu, sound, speaker list.  Switch the speaker to HDMI for surround sound and to TV for TV sound. 

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 07:10:05 am »
I think we need a 10 year old to set up the sound system. They seem to have an inate ability to collect all those instructions in their head and can get it all set. Then my impression from what I have done before is that there is some set up on the tv menu sound too that has to be done to allow sound to be handled by a connected outside unit. I have not done this yet. Since I have it parked in front of the garage now for a short stay I should go sit and get it figured out maybe. I am making headway on the garage sort. So I may have time finally. If I figure it out I will post. The unit is 2016 so fairly new.
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.