• OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
  • Slide: Yes
Re: New Models
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 08:01:58 pm »
Barry---I really lusted for the Breeze 28BR when it first came out in 2011.  It was out of my price range but the idea of a pusher on a 29'+ chassis was unique.
As it turned out, so unique that it did not work out well.  Guess you cant put a zillion pound Maxforce diesel engine hanging off a chassis that only has a wheelbase of
152 inches (wow)  Thats only a 43% WB to overall length ratio.  I understand the porpoising was so bad that some delivery drivers would not take them to dealers.
Tiffin tried for 3 years to fix the problem but it never went completely away.  I also understand that folks had questions about the Maxforce engine and reliability??
They discontinued the 28BR after 3 years.

hutch42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2018, 09:06:49 am »
Another new Transit platform for the Hershey Show.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 09:35:37 am »
Barry---I really lusted for the Breeze 28BR when it first came out in 2011.  It was out of my price range but the idea of a pusher on a 29'+ chassis was unique.
As it turned out, so unique that it did not work out well.  Guess you cant put a zillion pound Maxforce diesel engine hanging off a chassis that only has a wheelbase of
152 inches (wow)  Thats only a 43% WB to overall length ratio.  I understand the porpoising was so bad that some delivery drivers would not take them to dealers.
Tiffin tried for 3 years to fix the problem but it never went completely away.  I also understand that folks had questions about the Maxforce engine and reliability??
They discontinued the 28BR after 3 years.

When I was at PC HQ recently, there was Breeze 28BR on the lot from a trade-in.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 03:43:39 pm »
It was out of my price range but the idea of a pusher on a 29'+ chassis was unique

No kidding, I worked on a pusher back in the 90's on a 14 foot chassis.  Underpowered, but was cute.

I had a VW shop back then.  Pretty sure it had the same wheels, but it was red. And had wipers.  :cool
 roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol roflol

We now return to the thread in progress....   tymote