• PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
Rear hatch leaking
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:45:44 am »
Rear hatch is getting water, all be it during a heavy rain, but still it gets enough water in to mildew rags while in storage. I looked all the seals over and could not detect an opening or faulty seal. Anyone else have this problem, and if so how'd you resolve it?
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

rvrunner

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Re: Rear hatch leaking
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:31:20 am »
Hi Gary, no one seems to be much help myself included. The seal must be off position but that's hard to see. Did you have any luck finding an electric sofa? Good luck.

Lynn

backroadcruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 2008
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Maple/Beige
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:55:23 am »
may be the seals around the rear windows and also the marker lights above..

Bill and Karen Golden

JackD

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 2017 (latest)
  • Model: 2350 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 10:27:57 am »
When I picked up my coach at the factory, there was water in the bottom - Bob drilled a couple holes in the bottom so no more water.  I just had a new cap installed on the back (long story[), and i will keep a close eye on the hatch - if I get water, I'll do the same.

Jack

garmp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:25:40 am »
I had thought about holes, but the problem with that is that I had some tent stakes and rope stored in a cloth bag and a couple of other cloth/canvas bags of assorted small "necessities" and they all got soggy and started to mold. I looked over the seal and it all seems to be in order, but what do I know. Just gonna keep an eye on it.
Lynn, thanks for the post and on the sofa: think I sort of side stepped the issue and satisfied the dear wife, for a while. We just found and ordered a new mattress topper. It's only 1" thick, extra firm and weights only 14lbs. Much more manageable than the heavy 3" one we have now. And should stow behind the sofa when in the sitting position, and she can use her nice sofa again. Should get the topper in a couple of days and will take a short 3 day trip in a couple of weeks to give it a try. Let you know.
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 01:16:22 pm »
I recall our 2007 spare tire wall, rear storage compartment has a drain hole in it somewhere.  It came that way from the factory.

I lined the floor of our compartment with a material that allows water to pass through it quickly.  I think things stored in there stay in better condition because they stay above any water that might get in.  And it just looks nicer too.  You can read and see pictures of it by CLICKING HERE
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer