• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2018
  • Model: 2910
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Sandstone
Re: Phoenix Cruiser 2351
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 05:07:54 am »
I couldn't agree with you more!  When we picked up our 2910D in June, we had no idea of what "add-ons" or customizations PC had to offer.  It would be simple to take photos of popular add-ons and turn it into a catalog for customers to use when ordering a new unit or even for those planning to visit the factory in their PC unit with the intent of adding and/or upgrading things.  Tiffin does this - their factory has a dedicated "lane" for owners returning for customization along with their repair lanes.  The new owner of my 36LA drove it over to the factory and replaced a desk area with a dinette.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 08:50:13 am »
Phoenix USA has never invested heavily in their website.  Adding and removing particular features would add cost to website maintenance.  But there is a very affordable solution.  I hope one of the two owners is reading this very simple solution.

- In their pricing web page, include a link to the TOP POST in this forum, General Discussion.
- Create a new TOP POST called "Additional Features & Deviations Not Listed In Pricing".
- Post a picture of each feature or design deviation.
- State the models the feature applies to.
- State the additional cost (or savings) of the feature.

Anyone there at Phoenix who knows how to post pictures on this forum is qualified to maintain their list of otherwise undocumented features.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

JJCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 10/2019
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 04:15:33 pm »
JJ,

Your setup is  2o2, so much nicer than setting up a free-standing or pole-supported table.

There are so many undocumented options offered by Phoenix.  It's too bad they don't include them on their interactive pricing feature.  Many people order a PC, not realizing they could have included some especially nice extras.

Thanks Ron!   I agree, it would be nice to see all the options listed on the website pricing page.  I would have been much more prepared when we visited the factory to place our order.   

biglegmax

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: ordered a 2017, got a 2018
  • ModelYear: 2018 2350 e450 4x4
  • IntColor: lots
  • ExtColor: white,no paint,or decals
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 07:30:10 pm »
JJ,

Did you consider adding one of these tables in place of the small counter top extension? If I'm thinking correctly it could swing around and make an "L" shaped counter, getting the currently offered contraption out of the doorway.  Not seeing one in person, my thinking could be flawed. What do you think?

Doug

JJCruiser

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 08:15:44 pm »
JJ,

Did you consider adding one of these tables in place of the small counter top extension? If I'm thinking correctly it could swing around and make an "L" shaped counter, getting the currently offered contraption out of the doorway.  Not seeing one in person, my thinking could be flawed. What do you think?

Doug

Doug,
That is an interesting idea!  I can't say I considered that.  I don't know why it would not work.  I believe it would be possible to find a solid method of mounting the main bracket to the cabinet.  One would need to give some thought to the table size and mounting location under the table to give optimal positioning on both the side and front of the existing counter top.  I think the table top would probably have to be positioned slightly above the counter top so it could rotate freely when being position from the side to the front of the cabinet.  While traveling, I guess the position of the table would be in front of the counter top to allow entry/exit from the door.  If so, I would need to check to make sure there is plenty of room to move from the front of the RV to back with the slide in.  If the table was positioned a little higher (2-3 inches) so the bracket under the table clears, it would be possible to rotate the table such that it is right above the sink when traveling. 

We rarely use the flip up counter top because it blocks the doorway.  With 2351, we did choose to use the extra foot to expand the kitchen counter top and cabinet space, we are glad we did. 

Thanks for sharing the idea.  The next time I am in the RV, I will give it some more thought.

JJ

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 06:11:34 am »
I'm pretty sure from the website and your info here that the table top does not flip down like an airplane table. Does it lift off? One picture showed the pieces expanding apart - flat table top up and off a peg, shaft slides up and off, mounting plate stays in place.

Another picture showed a tilt mount on the table like you would use for reading a book or using a laptop but I didn't see that mount on the site.

And they claim it works with a very cool (and expensive) tri-fold teak table top they sell. With that weight the mount would probably need to be in the center which wouldn't work with our couch. If it did work mounted on one end it could be an awesome mod for a dinette.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

JJCruiser

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 08:10:45 am »
I'm pretty sure from the website and your info here that the table top does not flip down like an airplane table. Does it lift off? One picture showed the pieces expanding apart - flat table top up and off a peg, shaft slides up and off, mounting plate stays in place.

Another picture showed a tilt mount on the table like you would use for reading a book or using a laptop but I didn't see that mount on the site.

And they claim it works with a very cool (and expensive) tri-fold teak table top they sell. With that weight the mount would probably need to be in the center which wouldn't work with our couch. If it did work mounted on one end it could be an awesome mod for a dinette.

You are correct, the table we have does not flip down or tilt.  The table top does lift off with a quick turn of the tightening lever.  With a large, heavier table, it would really be important to have a very secure mounting location. 

JJ

biglegmax

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 02:16:27 pm »
JJ,

Thanks for your thoughts on the counter extension. I think we will end up with one of these on the forward side slide, like you.
 Remove the PC counter flip up extension ,hopefully repurpose it for a flip up table behind the passenger side seat. Install an extra vertical pedestal on the end of the kitchen counter. I'm guessing we will  have one table top that will be moved from sofa to kitchen. With the vertical adjustment at the kitchen I 'm thinking it can be raised enough to clear the counter and fold in over the sink, for travel, or just keep it on the sofa slide pedestal.

Would you mind next time you are in the RV to give me the measurements of the actual table tops? They look plenty large, and might not fit very well in the kitchen position.

I would like to find a light weight table top material, something you can set a hot pan on, small corian counter tops are really not great for serious cooking. I know someone on here replaced their table with something lighter weight, Was that you CalCruiser? Any ideas on materials?

Thanks again JJ

Doug

JJCruiser

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 07:40:37 pm »
JJ,

Thanks for your thoughts on the counter extension. I think we will end up with one of these on the forward side slide, like you.
 Remove the PC counter flip up extension ,hopefully repurpose it for a flip up table behind the passenger side seat. Install an extra vertical pedestal on the end of the kitchen counter. I'm guessing we will  have one table top that will be moved from sofa to kitchen. With the vertical adjustment at the kitchen I 'm thinking it can be raised enough to clear the counter and fold in over the sink, for travel, or just keep it on the sofa slide pedestal.

Would you mind next time you are in the RV to give me the measurements of the actual table tops? They look plenty large, and might not fit very well in the kitchen position.

I would like to find a light weight table top material, something you can set a hot pan on, small corian counter tops are really not great for serious cooking. I know someone on here replaced their table with something lighter weight, Was that you CalCruiser? Any ideas on materials?

Thanks again JJ

Doug

Doug

The dimensions of our table tops are 23" x 18".  If I had to do it over again I would have likely gone a little larger on each dimension.  I measured the distance from the bottom of the table to the bottom of the bracket and it is just a hair over 3 inches (see photo).  So with this measurement you will have an idea of how much this table would be over your kitchen counter top if you choose to rotate over the sink. 

The wooden table tops we have don't weigh much.  I can't really think of a material that would weigh less and still be as sturdy.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

JJ

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2018, 06:38:41 am »
Those tables under discussion are really neat.   I have a question:

What is the standard table support provided by Phoenix for their free standing tables these days?  Our 2013 PC 2350 came with two table legs and a couple of foldable tripods that are just a real hassle.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 07:42:21 am »
Those tables under discussion are really neat.   I have a question:

What is the standard table support provided by Phoenix for their free standing tables these days?  Our 2013 PC 2350 came with two table legs and a couple of foldable tripods that are just a real hassle.

Same table as in Earl's videos.

Barry T

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Beige / Maple
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 01:07:13 pm »
JJ,

Remove the PC counter flip up extension ,hopefully repurpose it for a flip up table behind the passenger side seat. Install an extra vertical pedestal on the end of the kitchen counter. I'm guessing we will  have one table top that will be moved from sofa to kitchen. With the vertical adjustment at the kitchen I 'm thinking it can be raised enough to clear the counter and fold in over the sink, for travel, or just keep it hon the sofa slide pedestal.

Thanks again JJ

Doug

Those swing-away tables are sweet , similar to the  LTV Wonder FTB model.

If you are going to  remove the countertop extension by the stairwell you may be able to use it or the brackets to replace the right side  cabinet door  under  the stove ,like in  the early model PC's. Ours has 2 countertop extensions but we mainly use the one on the right.

I did replace the heavy pedestal table with a 20"x25" folding Tablemate XL . I'ts made from "food rated polypropylene", probably not good for hot cooking utensils. I bought a pair but we only use one. It stores flat behind the 3rd chair, and when not in use as a table  it slides over the 3rd chair for a convenient place to keep stuff organized.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Table-Mate-XL-Original-TV-Tray-Table-Mocha/132627865206?hash=item1ee13c9e76:g:kU4AAOSwkbpa~wPm&redirect=mobile.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:07:14 am by CalCruiser »
Just Truckin' Around

biglegmax

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 02:10:50 pm »
CalCruiser,

Thought that was you with the table upgrade, thanks for the link. You got me to thinking about the current counter extension. We have mounted another set of batteries under our sink, which makes it useless for storage. We could move that flip up extension around front, the cabinet doors never get opened anyway. Time to do some measuring, and more planning.

Doug

JJCruiser

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 07:01:29 pm »
We received the new pantry doors from the factory.  Now the top two pantry drawers fully pull out like they should.  I removed the lowest pantry drawer and now use that as a deep shelf.  Sure beats having to remove the table to get into the pantry.

JJ

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2018, 10:36:24 pm »
That looks great JJ!  Just how I expected it to look.  The loss of the one pantry pull out drawer is a small price to pay for the utility that the tables provide--especially when you can still use the area as a deep shelf!

I'm so glad that you posted those first early pictures of your coach with the table installation on the forum.  I may have subsequently run across it on the Phoenix website--since they later added the photos of your unit as a new option, but being able to catch it early from you ensured I was able to get the same install done during my build, which was underway.

Congratulations on having the imagination and/or the inventiveness to carry out that table idea!

Mike