• PurchDate: 04/2018
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
Re: Phoenix Cruiser 2351
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2018, 01:18:40 am »
Love your tables.  Those would work really well for grandson’s activities and snacks while traveling.  I disliked the table that came with my 2552 that I put in the garage and bought a kamping king bamboo top folding table.  When it is opened it is bigger than original table, with adjustable height legs and it stores in the closet in the same straps as original.  Love yours, might have to consider talking with Phoenix, after I swap out my radio for one with Bluetooth...the biggest mistake I made in ordering my coach.

RKS

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 1/2016
  • ModelYear: 2016
Lagun table
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 07:35:37 am »
At the Tampa RV show we noted several manufacturers installing the Lagun tables, especially in class B’s with a variety of top designs. I have been given marching orders that installing one in our 2552 will be a top priority when we get home this spring.
Before going further, however, I was hopping for an update on how happy those are who have them  and for anyone who  has done an installation themselves, any issues they may have had. We’re currently with Barry and Sue and I was picking Barry’s brain about bracing the base and he raised some good points about just how secure the forward vertical slide trim board, to which the bracket is being attached,  is secured to the slide out and if additional backing or bracing should be placed on the backside of the board.
A call to the factory is in order, but would also appreciate any other thoughts members might have.   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:50:17 am by RKS »
Bob and Michele
Previously owned a 2350 Sprinter

mikeh

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: Phoenix Cruiser 2351--Lagun Table
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:24 am »
At the Tampa RV show we noted several manufacturers installing the Lagun tables, especially in class B’s with a variety of top designs. I have been given marching orders that installing one in our 2552 will be a top priority when we get home this spring.
Before going further, however, I was hopping for an update on how happy those are who have them  and for anyone who  has done an installation themselves, any issues they may have had. We’re currently with Barry and Sue and I was picking Barry’s brain about bracing the base and he raised some good points about just how secure the forward vertical slide trim board, to which the bracket is being attached,  is secured to the slide out and if additional backing or bracing should be placed on the backside of the board.
A call to the factory is in order, but would also appreciate any other thoughts members might have.   

Bob--
I would like to be able to respond to your question--especially since I was the one early in this thread so excited about discovering this option and planning to incorporate the table by whatever means in my new unit.  Unfortunately, although I was able to get a change order in to Phoenix to add the table option to my build, I won't pick up my new 2552 until early February so haven't yet seen or used the installation (except for the photos in this thread and on the website).  You can see from my early comments that I was also concerned about the mounting (if I had to install it myself), since the offset table will apply a measurable load to that one point and I was unsure how solid that mounting area might be.  I'm pretty comfortable now, since Phoenix is installing my tables, that they will take whatever action is necessary to ensure that the mounting is adequate.  If I hadn't secured the change order, and had to do them myself however, my plan would have been to not make assumptions--but to give Phoenix a call and see what process they were using to install them.
Mike

JJCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 10/2019
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
Re: Lagun table
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2019, 06:28:39 pm »

RKS
We just got back from our initial road trip down to central Florida with our PC2351.  After a month of use, we still think the Lagun tables are fantastic.  We really like the ease of use and the flexibility of table placement . . . plus not having to setup/disassemble a table when we travel.  The factory installed ours, I included the pictures earlier in the tread.   Give considerable thought to the size table top you want and where you want the table top mounted underneath.  By rotating the table top it is possible to have seating for 4 at the tables, where 2 sit on the sofa and 2 sit on the pull out foot rests which is ideal for kids.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

JJ