• PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
Winterizing 2019 3100
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:41:23 am »
My former winterization consisted of blowing out the water lines, draining the WH, pouring pink in the drains, and removing the bowl and screen from the water pump.  I recently watched Earl's video about winterizing.  I'm good to go except for one thing.  The video shows low point water drain "pins", near the water heater, that you pull to drain the water pipes.  I cannot find such on my 3100,  I have looked near the WH and the fresh water tank.  Is it possible that the 3100 has no low point water drains?

Cheers  :)(:
Barry T

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • ModelYear: 2012
Re: Winterizing 2019 3100
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 03:59:35 pm »
I own a 2012 model 3100. My low point drains are located under the bottom drawer under the sink. Pull that drawer out and there should be a lever on each side of the slide rail of the drawer. Mine are black. Lift one up.  Push the other down and you can remove that drawer. You should see two "T" handles. Don't turn. Pull levers up.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • NewUsed: New
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:57:07 pm »
I own a 2012 model 3100. My low point drains are located under the bottom drawer under the sink. Pull that drawer out and there should be a lever on each side of the slide rail of the drawer. Mine are black. Lift one up.  Push the other down and you can remove that drawer. You should see two "T" handles. Don't turn. Pull levers up.

Thanks for your reply.  I had already removed the drawer and looked inside.  All I see are the three valves to by-pass the water heater.  The valves are turned to bypass the water heater.  Are you saying that these same valves can be pulled to drain the plumbing?   I will go to my storage area tomorrow and experiment. 

Cheers

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 05:54:21 am »
do not pull the oval valve handles. The pipes are in the shape of an "H" - the feet of the H, closest to you, turn down and go through the floor. Those are your low drains. The little "T" shape valve is just before the elbow bend toward the floor. One for each leg.

My bypass valves are oval silver and turn. My low drain valves match the pipes and pull up.

Note: low drain is low spot when level.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

bftownes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 07:06:39 am »
do not pull the oval valve handles. The pipes are in the shape of an "H" - the feet of the H, closest to you, turn down and go through the floor. Those are your low drains. The little "T" shape valve is just before the elbow bend toward the floor. One for each leg.

My bypass valves are oval silver and turn. My low drain valves match the pipes and pull up.

Note: low drain is low spot when level.

Thanks, John.  I will go over today and do a closer inspection. 

Barry T

bftownes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 02:56:32 pm »

LuvShack,  I found the T handles.  They were near the front of the of cabinet and hard to see.  Thanks again!

Cheers  :)(:
Barry T