• PurchDate: 05/2015
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2002
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Brown
  • ExtColor: Brown
Re: I知 cold!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 11:25:31 am »
I believe that the furnace in our 2100 is rated at 30,000 BTU.  But will need to double-check that,  Needless to say, the interior will warm quickly when that bad-boy kicks into action.   Also a pic of the Handy Heater -- operating at 350w -- in the RV's bathroom.  That little guy works very well in that small space. 

fandj

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Nightscape - full body
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 02:35:04 pm »
Our 2552 has a 30,000 btu input/22,800 btu output Atwood furnace.  The output is roughly equivalent to 6,600 watts of electrical heating.  It would take 4-5 1500 watt portable electrical heaters to produce the same amount of heat as the propane furnace.
[size=78%] [/size]

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 02:49:29 pm »
There is a lot of limits to what can be on with 30 amps...50 amps has not shown limitations of what can be on. However the heat pumps, I have 2, are limited when the temp drops. They don't work well when it is cold... I was told by another PC owner that his furnace was a dream in the cold weather. I have never tried mine. And since I had oxygen in the PC I never have used the cook top. Have never used one indoors that requires lighting anyway so not going to learn now. I do have a portable plug in induction cooking surface and a tiny fry pan. Never gone off elec with whatever I have turned o n  and do have 50 amp. Ordered that way. There is a lot to look at when buying anything especially a vehicle to camp in.
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 06:30:20 am »
Some people have installed a push button sparker to light the cook top that works the same as a home gas stove. We carry a long BBQ lighter (a butane filled handle with trigger, flex metal neck). It lives in the silverware drawer. I light the BBQ lighter first and hold the flame near the burner then turn on the gas. Instant ignition, no gas wandering through the rig.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 12:53:39 pm »
Thanks for the great idea. I had a hint that they do install things a little differently now and may even have non gas but I have not looked or even asked.
My 2018 move was to put agm batteries and not have to do the distilled water every month. I do turn it off when parked since it is no longer plugged in.
and I am looking to buy a place I can again plug it in when not off wandering. Helpful ideas are great.. we never think of everything but with help it might
look that way. thanks patricia
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.