SEAWEED

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • NewUsed: New
  • Model: 2100
  • Slide: Yes
PC2100
« on: January 14, 2019, 06:24:19 pm »
As a first time RV buyer we have zeroed in on the PC2100 but the factory direct is putting us off.  1) How is it delivered?  2) Who explains how to operate everything with you?  3) Warranty work?  I read that after an issue is approved by PC go get it fixed and send PC the bill.  What?

Can anyone shed some ight on my questions so that we can mover closer to buying the PC2100?

Thank you everyone.

Seaweed
(Ps.101:7) The Lord says;
"He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight."

SEAWEED

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: PC2100
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:32:07 pm »
As a first time RV buyer we have zeroed in on the PC2100 but the factory direct is putting us off.  1) How is it delivered?  2) Who explains how to operate everything with you?  3) Warranty work?  I read that after an issue is approved by PC go get it fixed and send PC the bill.  What?

Can anyone shed some ight on my questions so that we can mover closer to buying the PC2100?

Thank you everyone.

Seaweed

We just took delivery of a 3100 in September of 2018.  I suggest you call Barry Hyser at the home office and all your questions will be answered.  They will work with you on warranty issues.  I had warranty work on my water heater.  I chose to have it fixed, paid for it out of my pocket, and send PC the receipt.  They mailed me a check.  I like this because you are not limited to having your motor home repaired by incompetent dealers.  In my opinion, most dealerships are incompetent.  The entire process, from order to delivery, is pretty much painless.  You go to the factory to pickup your unit and a staff member will go over all the systems.  Do not be afraid to ask questions about anything that is unclear.  Give Barry a call.

Cheers  :)(: :)(:
Barry T

hutch42

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:24:30 am »
Seaweed

As BFTOWNS stated, there a very few RV dealers that are worth their salt.  I belong to a few owners forums that have purchased rv's from one of the "big three"
RV makers, and the stories you hear about there dealers would curl your hair.  I also belong to several forums that sell factory direct like Phoenix Cruisers.  The difference in attitude towards the factory direct companies is like night and day.  If you look at consumer ratings of companies like Phoenix Cruiser, Coach House, Lazy Daze, and Newell Coach, they are the highest in the industry.  All factory direct companies building a quality product that will need very little warranty servicing.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 11:18:02 am »
I have noticed a major increase in complaints from the cult-like Tiffin owners on the many Facebook pages.  I went to Red Bay, AL and toured the factory.  Looked at the Wayfarer, a popular Tiffin Class C.  I chose a Phoenix Cruiser.

Barry T

garmp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • ModelYear: 2017 2100
  • IntColor: Stone
  • ExtColor: Stone
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 11:52:59 am »
2017 2100 and had the sensor on the LP tank go out. Called them and they sent me a new one and instructions on how to replace it. I felt it was above my technical level and took it to a local shop and had it replaced. Paid the bill and sent PC the invoice which refunded me my out lay within a week.
Great people!
Bob is what we call our PC 2100, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it.

hutch42

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 03:42:26 pm »

Thank you everyone.

Seaweed

Seaweed---this may be an answer to all your questions...if you live near a Campers Inn dealer.

Went to the Tampa Supershow today and was surprised to see most of the Phoenix sales team was wearing orange Campers Inn shirts.
Seems that PC is moving away from the factory direct sales model and future purchases will be handled by the Campers Inn sales network.
Barry told me that at least for the foreseeable future there will be a sales presence at the factory and that there will be no change in PCs willingness to do customization . He said they hope that this change will help them to expand sales especially in the Transit and Sprinter lines and that offering service locations along the east coast should be advantageous to many customers. They also hope that teaming with Campers Inn which has a large presence in the warmer south, will alleviate some of the seasonal sales cycles they experience in the Elkhart winters.
I wish them luck in this endeavor and hope that they will be able to maintain the quality product and customer service reputation they have built over the decades.